Azure
    Participant
    @azure

Hey, been AWOL for a while, nice to see Knighthawk is still as meek natured as ever 😉 He is spot on with his point though!
    Me – I show it off straight away but after about two days I tend to keep it hidden again unless someone knows I’ve had it and asks to see, until around the one week mark, that’s usually my yuckiest phase. But I usually keep a little bottle of moisturiser with me if I go out with it on show after a week just to stop the skin drying out over it. It’s after about a fortnight that I show it off with pride!

Aussie_Al
    Participant
    @aussie_al
    Quote:
    For all my tats i have taken generally about 1 month to heal

Wow really? a month seems like a long time

Tat2dBaldDude
    Participant
    @tat2dbalddude
    Aussie_Al;38675 wrote:
    Wow really? a month seems like a long time

I don’t blame him. While it doesn’t take me a full month, I give the actual healing process about 3 weeks and then I take another week just for good measure and then I start to go showing it off to people after that. For example, I’m looking to get 3 more (and final) tattoos done within about the same week and when I unveil those, it’s going to be HUGE, so I might take a good 2 or 3 months from the time I get them to the “unveiling”.

Tifacady
    Participant
    @tifacady

I must be impatient, I text photos to everyone while I’m still in the chair!
    Had 7 tats in 6 months and they started taking longer and longer to heal so been taking a break.
    Last one on my foot took 2 weeks to get past the initial scabby phase, that usually only takes a few days.

Saying that, I’ve never had a tattoo done in stages, if I had to do that I would wait until it was finished.
    x

Tecratt
    Participant
    @tecratt

I always show mine off to everybody right away. Partly because I am excited and partly so everybody gets a chance to see it before it starts peeling and looking crappy until it finishes healing. My last few have been on my lower arms though and I hardly ever wear long sleeves so everybody gets to see them, peeling and all!

CandyGirl
    Participant
    @candygirl
    Sherav;38174 wrote:
    Showing mine off depends on where I am. If I am with family I tend to keep em covered up as cannot be fussed with the argument.

This. I managed to keep my back tattoos hidden for a couple years (til my sister’s wedding) to avoid this. My parents are devout Catholics and I wanted to avoid the backlash. They still hate seeing them but as soon as the weather gets warm, the tank tops come out and when I’m with them they can either deal with it or not look at me 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.