Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi Toby

The font issue yes you are correct it is a personal taste and whilst it is not mine as long as you are happy with it. I was thinking if they have to rework the whole area to give you examples of thicker fonts or styles that may make the date stand out more and also an easier rework of the mistake.

The linework however – I was referring to the fact it needs to be bolded out somewhat (it could be the photo quality) but the ink should be much more prominent and sharper.

When you get the date fixed which is simple enough to do maybe get them to go over the numbers a little more to make it really stand out.

But again it is only my subjective opinion and is not meant in anyway to be any other than constructive criticism.

Post up if you need anything else.

Take Care
    Matthew

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

To get it fixed id say you are going to have to go with a bolder font, what you have there is just plain handwriting its not a font.

snerkler
    Participant
    @snerkler
    Sherav;36465 wrote:
    The linework however – I was referring to the fact it needs to be bolded out somewhat (it could be the photo quality) but the ink should be much more prominent and sharper.

Post up if you need anything else.

Take Care
    Matthew

Thanks again for the advice. Definately is the photo quality, the tat is very prominent and very black. That photo was taken on a camera phone then I zoomed it in to show the mistake which is why the ink looks so faint. Like I said I know a few have criticised it on here but I’m confident if you saw the tat you’d change your opinion. The main thing is I’m happy with it (except the effin mistake) and that’s all that matters really 🙂
    As I said before I appreciate all advice and opinions and am not offended, I know you’re all trying to help 🙂
    Cheers, Toby

snerkler
    Participant
    @snerkler

Right here’s the latest on my tattoo. I went to enquire about laser removal today, and while I was there one of the guys said that the tat was really badly done (as some of you have said) and it’d probably “drop out” anyway, so off I went back to the place I had it done to complain and try to get my money back. The girl said she was quite happy to redo it but I said I didn’t want her to do anymore work on me, so the owner came to talk to me. He said that firstly no-one can tell how the tattoo will turn out till it has healed, and that if there were any problems with it once it’d healed then he would be more than happy to redo it himself. Now to be fair, this was the guy recommended to me in the first place, and I have seen some of his work and it is really good, so have agreed on this. He also said he can go over the mistake and make it skin coloured and then re-write it in correctly.
    I guess some of you will be reading this and wondering why I didn’t have this guy do it in the first place. Well in hind sight I wish I had, it was a bit of naivity and impatience on my behalf. I thought it was a straight forward tattoo and you couldn’t go far wrong with it, and I wanted it done ASAP so had as much chance to heal as possible before my honeymoon in mid April. I guess I know in future that no matter how simple a tattoo may seem to be, a bad job can still be done, and mistakes made :-/ I will reserve judgement on the quality until it has healed though, but am now in a much more positive frame of mind that IF there’s a problem it will be corrected properly. I hope that other people will read this and learn from my mistake 🙂

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

i hope it all goes to plan for you, and please keep us upto date with it, especially with photo’s
    thanks for letting us know your update so far

big-ad
    Participant
    @big-ad

That is easily fixed dude, and the line work is terrible, how can this person call themselves a tattoo artist. Also i saw that some one had advised you to use bepanthen or pile cream! NEVER EVER use bepanthen or pile cream, bepanthen has alcohol in it which will irritate your broken skin, and could affect the colour of your tattoo, bepanthen also has petroleum jelly in it which will block your pores and not allow your tattoo to breath. Pile cream is NOT designed to be put onto broken skin, it is designed to reduce swelling in the area by reducing the blood flow, something you do not want with a tattoo, as reduced blood flow to the area will only slow down the healing process. Savlon is ok although it is a bit thick and again can block your pores. I would advise just using a perfume free intensive moisturiser such as Vaseline skin rescue moisturiser, apply 3-4 times a day for a month (even if your tattoo looks healed the skin is still repairing itself below the surface). I am not a tattoo artist, however i have been getting tattooed for over 20 years, and suffer from skin problems which means i have researched what certain creams do to the skin, and found as long as you keep your tattoo from drying out it should heal without scabbing and retain the depth of colour it had when first done.

Rockysmom
    Participant
    @rockysmom

wow- what a loser tattooist! she needs to go back to elementary school.

Cornishtiger
    Participant
    @cornishtiger

I stand to be corrected but there is no way on Gods green earth you can tattoo over black thats that freshly healed to make it skin coloured.

I have a list of clients as long as your arm who will tell it NEVER EVER works.

My advice for what its worth is:

1/ Chill for a miniute. Accept the fact that this is a poor piece of work carried out by a crap tattooist who did poor work followed up by poor advice. Despite any recomendations the studio owner has firstly employed a tattooist who is rubbish and then defended the work and offered to fix it in a manner that rather than helping will probably make things worse.

2/ Get yourself to a well know studio with artists that other people outside of Sheffield have heard of and get the tattoo you and the memory of your parents deserve.

If I can offer you any laser advice just ask.

Please accept this as my opinion only and good luck to you.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.