Apes
    Participant
    @apes

Set up my mini studio for friends and family really. got a little face book to branch out to friends friends too.

31012009477.jpg

31012009478.jpg

31012009480.jpg

31012009479.jpg

whoji
    Participant
    @whoji

Autoclave, sertilizing equipment, sharps bin etc ??????????????

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

looks like theres far to much stuff in there, you should keep it as simple and clean as possible. Your tips and grips should at least be in clave bags…..thats if you have an autoclave, so if you dont you should be using disposables. Not impressed in the slightest from what i can see. Looks like its in your bedroom or something.

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

i would immagine the bedroom of a 16yr old girl, that has an emo boyfriend that wants a tattoo because they look cool..

undoubtedly no autoclave, no disposible tubes, soft furnished chair, shitty filthy ink stained desk work board…. it may be covered but thats not going to help,
    there will most definately be carpet on floor, a cheep chinese 3 machine kit (ebay special, professional quality 10 wrap coils can be set up as either liner or shader… usual bullshit), cluttered work area with everything thats not studio related, its a fucking health hazard bedsit magicians den…
    now this is what gives people learning and working from home a very bad name….. the whole photo screams SCRATCHER !!

posts like this make my blood boil 😡

have you read this book ??

hep.jpg

throwing hands up in the air and walking away muttering, then closing the door behind me, i give up !!

whoji
    Participant
    @whoji

Couldnt have put it better myselfOutlaw

Its not like there is no information of the risks of what people like this are doing, its on every forum, website etc.

But for them to post something like this and be proud of it, it really really boils my piss. Ignorance is not knowing the risks, this is fucking stupidity.

Come on APE justify it!

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

Lol outlaw, yep sums it up nicely, once id posted id thought id been too nice about it:mad:

Apes
    Participant
    @apes

It was my office (sharps bin is next to the screen -_- sterilising unit next behind vasaline. ) im not having clients there, thats for me and my skins. Nor am I 16 or Emo. im a Montessori Teacher hygene, food hygene and first aid trained.
    Im sorry I don’t own a space to open a propper room for this but its mainly personal practice…

Apes
    Participant
    @apes

Also the reason why im not dying to get a place in a store is most men (you guys pra-rooved it!) are cocks.
    Instead of healping people learn they just blast them!

nicer pointers would have been nice. what you should I do to make it more ‘acceptable’ by your standards. and not to just assume I am a certain age and a certain classification. I have an education and cetificates.
    (And propper injections as I work with chicldern to safe garn me against illness found in blood)

So im sorry its not to your liking. please tell me how I should improve my desk area. (nicely)

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi Apes

Not a tattoo artist but from my research a few pointers to improve your office/studio. I say this even if it is for skins/fruit/practice as will get you into a good habit for if/when you get your own place or rent.

First of all no soft furnishings. The reason for this is that droplets of body fluids (saliva, blood etc) can become embedded in the chair and carpet. They also harbour dust and germs which can be invis to the naked eye.

Also these are almost impossible to sterilise – whereas replacing the floor with lino and a hard chair means that any spills can be cleaned up easily.

Autoclave/sharps bin/disposable gloves. I know space is an issue but it is highly important that you keep these on show. It shows the customer you are serious about hygiene and is a physical reminder to yourself. Also even with practice wear the gloves.

That desk simply has to go or get it covered with a disposable and sterile covering(s). Seeing something that is ink stained or has not been wiped down is not good practice. Those fingerprints reflected in the photo which are smudged contain bacteria (as you are probably aware).

I would also suggest removing the personal affects (not the books but the ornaments etc) this is because it is a work area and should be treated as such. Also it is good practice to wipe down all shelves and surfaces where you are working.

With regards to the machines – well I am not an artist, but I have seen some very expensive hand-made customs jobs and ones which have been bought off ebay. I would not be able to state the difference in handling as never used them.

The advice I had from an artist was to buy one very good outliner and one very good shader rather than wasting money on cheaper duo machines. Although like anything if you are practicing on skins then money may be tight.

Anyhow hope you take onboard some of the positive crticisms.

Matthew

Tartanmack
    Participant
    @tartanmack

Sorry not jumping on the bash you band wagon but I’m afraid you did leave yourself wide open for the criticism, you stated right at the beginning of your post that you had set up a “MINI STUDIO” in fact the title of your thread is “ Photos of my Home Studio” this is going to get people viewing your pictures with that thought in mind.

Most Forums of this nature will jump down hard on anyone they deem to be doing the industry a disservice and yes perhaps the advice could have been more gently put but it shows the depth of feeling on the subject and not all from the Male population either, maybe it would have been better for you to have read a fair bit of this and other forums and learnt what gets the professionals and gifted amateurs alike upset and then you could have asked for advise on setting up your own place (up to you if you took it or not) and maybe have got a better response.

whoji
    Participant
    @whoji
    Apes;34479 wrote:
    Also the reason why im not dying to get a place in a store is most men (you guys pra-rooved it!) are cocks.
    Instead of healping people learn they just blast them!

nicer pointers would have been nice. what you should I do to make it more ‘acceptable’ by your standards. and not to just assume I am a certain age and a certain classification. I have an education and cetificates.
    (And propper injections as I work with chicldern to safe garn me against illness found in blood)

So im sorry its not to your liking. please tell me how I should improve my desk area. (nicely)

Oh Please….. Quit the feminist crap. Male, female, same shit.

Its got sod all to do with being to our liking but more to do with higenic and safe practices. You say you have education and certificates but your “studio” does not back up your claims.

You say you have “proper injections” for yourself. Doubtful as septicsemia (sp), MRSA spring to mind. You show your lack of true understanding by stating “safe garn? ME.” Its more likely with cross contamination youll screw up someone else, like the poor unfortunate “Friends and Family” you set the studio up for.

Good job on the sharps bin, tell me have you made the appropriate disposal procedures with the local council.

Tattoo Artists are licenced for a reason. My advice sell it and stick to your art.

Im not having a pop at woman kind, just someone who cannot see what they are doing is wrong! Cos however you look at it….. wrong!

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

Lol, apparently im a COCK, although i dont seem to have one?:confused:hehehe. By the way Apes, you’re not getting bashed, you are getting peoples honest opinions. You HAVE NOT done your homework AT ALL. I dont care that you know about hygiene supposedly…….this screams GERMS and infection to me, if you’re going to continue, which no doubt you are, clear it out and start again. Even if you are working on fruit you should practice safe hygiene standards and get USED TO IT.:mad:

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw
    Apes;34478 wrote:

Im sorry I don’t own a space to open a propper room for this but its mainly personal practice…

so does “mainly personal practice” mean that you are just going to do fruit, yourself and the odd friend or family………. “death wish”

Apes wrote:
    (sharps bin is next to the screen -_- sterilising unit next behind vasaline. )

that is not a sterilising unit suitable of creating steam cleansing to 250.F @ 15psi which is required to kill everything
    without an autoclave you aint going to kill hepatitis or hiv and you should know that with all those qualificatons you got……..

cut the bullshit and stop fighting back, you need harsh words to make you understand the danger you you are creating.
    If you dont like people being harsh then i suggest you quit now because this is one of the harshest environments and occupations you come across….. if you get upset at what i wrote then i would recommend buy yourself a fucking big box of tissues “MAN SIZE” damn it….. was i being sexist :p

remove all soft furnishings within the vacinity, ensure that ALL surfaces and floor are capable of being bleached down, you need propper lighting as you will not be able to see squat shit with a reading lamp.
    without an autoclave then you MUST use disposible tubes and needles, easily obtaineable as complete combo option on ebay.

even if you use a needle on fruit and place it to one side and reuse it the next day, dust and grime will settle on it and germs will infest it. if you or another person is accidently pricked with it then that is a serious health issue. you must wear gloves and it is advised to put them on before opening up and setting up your needles and tubes, i always cover my machines with a bag (sandwich bags are suitable) cut one corner off and place your tip through it and peel the bag over the machine, it was advised to use cord covers even for practicing on fruit as good practice.

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

“snigger snigger” MAN SIZE TISSUES

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw
    Izarrasink;34496 wrote:
    “snigger snigger” MAN SIZE TISSUES

thMuahahaha.gif

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
    • The topic ‘Photos Of My Home Studio’ is closed to new replies.