TargetTattoo
    Participant
    @targettattoo

Usually (however not always) when people get a tattoo, the design is something that is unique and special to the wearer. However, what if your design was not unique :eek:….

What if you were walking down the street and saw someone with the exact same tattoo as you, would you be flattered (awe..someone wants to be like me..or maybe I am like them…either way, we have the same design 🙂 )or would you be angry (someone stole my design :mad:).

Let’s hear your opinions…

inkedmom
    Participant
    @inkedmom

flattered i guess…. there are a few i have that i just found on the interent (not flash tho, just random pics i liked), and i suppose its possible someone else could have them…

scrubmuncher
    Participant
    @scrubmuncher

thats exactly the reason I don’t post any of my work on here, someone might rip my ideas off. If I saw someone on the street with the same work as me, firstly I’d go and break my tattooists fingers for selling on my ideas and then I’d set about making sure all knew what he was up to.

Scurvydog
    Participant
    @scurvydog

I wouldn’t mind if I saw someone with my tattoos. I found them on the web. So, anyone can do them if they want. My tattooist won’t do them on anyone else though. The artist (Bathgate21) saw my tattoos and thanked me for using them. That was huge. He said he never would have thought anyone would use them for a tattoo.

Samantha_ann19
    Participant
    @samantha_ann19

personally I would be angry. I drew my tattoo its 100% mine and like the other person fingers would be broken. However my tattoo artist gave me my picture back and ripped up the stencil.

dimantslv
    Participant
    @dimantslv

My tattoo is copy, but I like it! 🙂

romi
    Participant
    @romi

I think it depends. If it’s a personal design, maybe you don’t wanna see it on anybody else.
    If it’s a public or traditional design, you can’t get mad.
    When I went to get my first tattoo done, I was happy because I thought it was an original idea, and the guy said: “I’ve seen that done”, that kind of made me sad at the moment :p. But now I don’t care, actually I’d love to see who else thought of getting it done 🙂

artist-originals.com
    @

yeah i agree with romi. Tattoo should be unique. People get tattoo to gain attention from others. And people will only pay attention to unique tattoo. If u can’t draw ur own tattoo, then u can just select a few designs from the internet and let the tattoo artist redraw or customed it.

romi
    Participant
    @romi

I didn’t say that 😛 I said it depends…
    If you have a nautical star tattoo (or any public design or traditional art tattoo), you can’t be angry with others ’cause they have your same tattoo XD
    But if you or your artist made an original design and you see it on someone else… well, then someone really stole it

romi
    Participant
    @romi

I didn’t say that 😛 I said it depends…
    If you have a nautical star tattoo (or any public design or traditional art tattoo), you can’t be angry with others ’cause they have your same tattoo XD
    But if you or your artist made an original design and you see it on someone else… well, then someone really stole it

Dozer
    Participant
    @dozer

If it’s off the wall flash or traditional tattoos then of course you couldn’t really be angry about it but I had someone steal mine that really p***ed me off. My very first tatoo I got when I was 16, it is an eagle that I had done as a memorial to my grandfather. He had an eagle done at 17 in India while in the British Navy(he lied to get in) and I had drawn something up shortly after his death to have done.

Anyway, a couple years after getting it done a guy I knew from the gym I worked out at saw it and liked it asking me where I got it…..yeah I should have known. I forgot the artist had taken a picture for her album when I got it done and sure enough a few weeks later he shows up at the gym with the exact same tattoo, he didn’t change it one bit or even the location. I confronted him but really what could I do.

Dialback
    Participant
    @dialback

A friend ov mine once asked if he could copy one of my tats, i was fine with it but when he had it done it was by a poor artist and it looked crap but he loved it. When he asked a second time i agreed again but only if he used an artist i recomended. He did agree but promptly trotted back to his own artist and got that one fooked up as well. Silly boy.

stink
    Participant
    @stink

for me personally i would always draw my own or do teh same for my friends so that its unique to me or them, as previously mentioned flash work is a different matter, but if i saw someone with the same as me i think i would be a bit shocked!

binkd
    Participant
    @binkd

Id have to say Id be angry because I designed my own wrist tattoo and its unique. However, I love to share photos of it and Id never have a clue if someone else had it done. Ive also checked out other peoples for inspiration but would never copy them!

crazy4ink
    Participant
    @crazy4ink

2 of my tats are somewhat “copy”–one is flash and the other is pretty basic. My 3rd was a design by someone to help raise money for animal rescue and I paid for the outline, etc. My 4th is somewhat original…I gave my artist a pic but the final tat doesn’t look like the pic, and I like it a lot better. She did give me the sketch though when I left. Any good artist should give you the original of what you get, whether they drew it for you or you drew it yourself.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.