Koi
Participant
@koi

Okay, so i just left Australia to Paris about 3 weeks ago, and i will be staying all over Europe for the next year or 2.

I am looking at getting some ink from different countries in europe as a souvenir of visiting each one.

But i do not speak any language other than English, I am currently studying french here in paris.

And i am wondering where in Europe are there some good parlours and where in europe is a good place to go to to get decent tatts?

Thanks

vala
Participant
@vala

london, uk 🙂

Koi
Participant
@koi

any reason for that?
what parlors? etc.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Check out Evil From The Needle in Camden London (or check out my thread on Camden Tattoo Tour).

Why? Because they have some world class artists, professional and clean studio, and some mad artwork.

There are hundreds of tattoo studios and many great artists it really depends on where you are heading, what style of ink, how much time you have (many artists have waiting lists), and how much money you want to shell out.

The language barrier is not usually a problem as most will speak some English in Europe and you can always sho em a picture of what you want.

If you let me know where you are heading it will make it easier to supply reputable studios.

Take Care
Matthew

vala
Participant
@vala

I can personally vouch for evil from the needle in camden, in particular the artist Dave who did my sleeve. I have a thread in the ‘inked skin’ section if you would like to see a piece of his work from start to finish.

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

Evil from the Needle is a good shop

Alex Binnies Shop “Into you’ http://www.into-you.co.uk/ is a great shop

Hanky Pankys Shop in Amsterdam has been there for years – not sure of the quality of work these days but they used to be world class http://www.hankypankysthehangout.nl/

Thats pretty much all I can recommend from personal experience in major European Cities

Koi
Participant
@koi

thanks for the advice everyone!
and matthew; i’m in Paris for the next three months and want a studio to go to here.
also i will be traveling to amsterdam, spain, italy and germany.
i want to get a tattoo from each country or have each country contriute to a tattoo.
so when i do decide to return to australia i can have a memento from each country i visited.

also i am looking for a competitively priced studio, i know cheap aint good and good aint cheap, however i dont want cheap, i want a competitively priced one 😀

Koi
Participant
@koi

any ideas for those countries and cities i just stated?

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Need a bit more time I put my artist list somewhere and cannot find it. Once I have I will bang up a couple I have visited which (in my opinion) were of note.

Take Care
Matthew

Koi
Participant
@koi

thank you, really appreciate it!

Koi
Participant
@koi

Forgot to mention, in Spain i will be in Lloret de Mar but can travel around to Barcelona or Girona. In Germany i will be in Munich for Oktoberfest 😛 and I plan to be in Rome at some point. Some other possible, however not confirmed, stops are; Berlin, Nice, Venice, Switzerland, Belgium, Austria and Prague. Haha. I am keeping myself busy, who knows when i may be able to come back to Europe. 😀

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al
Koi;62050 wrote:
I am keeping myself busy, who knows when i may be able to come back to Europe. 😀

Yeah thats the great thing about Europe

When I lived in England I was in Europe at least once a month – to fly from the Midlands to Paris or Holland took me 45 minutes!

You spent longer in the departure lounge then you did on the plane!

Where I grew up to travel 45 minutes you would still be no where!

Make hay while the Sun does shine!

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

I looked up some of my list the rest is somewhere in my boxes but one that did catch my eye when i visited was

39 Vibration here is the link.

http://www.39vibration.de/5.html

Some prefer Scorpion tattoos but I was not that taken with it.

For Berlin Crazy-Ink Tattoos were quite good and they speak English.

But if you want the dogs bollocks in tattooing in Germany I would go with Miss Nico from All Style Tattoo.
All Style Tattoo – Simplonstraße 59 – Berlin Friedrichshain – Fon: 030/2941899
Date assignment and Information times: Monday, Wednesday, Friday 1pm – 8pm

I dug up a link but have seen her work in the flesh and it rocks

http://www.allstyle-tattoo.de/gal_nico_iframe.html (in fact i want to go for a piece doing!)

Not been awful but avoid tattoos in Amsterdam I have been several times and many of the studios are tourist traps and aids magnets. Whilst I am sure there are some decent artists I cannot vouch for any as not yet found them in person.

In Belgium if you like black n shade and/ore Polynesian this guy rocks Dan DiMattia @ Calypso Tattoo
41 Rue du Pot d’Or (first floor) 4000 Leige, Belgium 00.32.(0)4.222.0357 very clean as well when I visited.

http://www.calypsotattoo.com/tattoos/index20.html

I have been to Paris but didn’t do the tattoo studios sorry 🙁

As for the others not done tattoo tours there but will be doing Barcelona next year.

Hope that helps
Matt

Koi
Participant
@koi

Thanks matt!!!
You seem to travel alot! 😀
One question about amsterdam, you said alot seem to be aid magnets! 😮
I plan on going there in May, have you heard of any of the following;
Upper Ten Tattoos, Tattoo Noord, House of Tattoos, Tattoo palace or Hanky Panky.

In Paris i am looking at going to a studio called; Abraxas.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

I know of Hanky Panky it is perhaps one of the most famous in Amsterdam.

However it is also one of the most expensive and you have to wander around the redlight district which is a haven for aids and annoying bastards (usually drunk tourists).

If you want a tattoo I would recommend The House of Tattoos they are out of the tourist area and seem to have excellent artwork which is going to be more reasonably priced.

You must ensure they break open all sterile equipment INSIST on disposable needles and ink pots in front of you and you def want to see if they have an autoclave and spore count if they are using grips and tips.

Do not get any work done in any of the remaining tattoo dives in the redlight district or within staggering distance of the whorehouses. They spring up and disappear quickly around that region.

Take care
Matthew

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.