CrazySA
Participant
@crazysa

hey all, 1st post for me, i’m sure there will be plenty more, I have had some ink done, but it doesn’t look right, there is something missing, can anyone please give me an idea or something to make it look right?

CrazySA
Participant
@crazysa
CrazySA;77448 wrote:
hey all, 1st post for me, i’m sure there will be plenty more, I have had some ink done, but it doesn’t look right, there is something missing, can anyone please give me an idea or something to make it look right?

if the pic isn’t visible here i loaded an album too thanks:)

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

The pieces of your tribal were placed too far apart, which gives it too much negative space and makes it appear unfinished. Also, I can’t tell if it’s the pic quality or the ink, but the fill doesn’t look very good either.

Unfortunately, I don’t see any way to add to it without making it more of a mess.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

I am making these comments as constructive criticism not as a t-bag on your ink work.

The 3 main issues that struck me looking at your ink is as follows;

1. As mentioned the spacing is not great some of the pieces seem to be a little too bunched up and some towards the middle and bottom are a bit wide of the mark when compared to the rest of the ink. Did the artist measure your arm up and add each section as he went along or did he free hand it?

This can be corrected by adding thicker lines (power lining) and perhaps some shading within the gaps.

2. The fill has not been done as well as it could be. Tribal requires a lot of fill and often touch-ups.

I would really recommend taking it to an artist with a lot of experience in tribal and get some crisp shading and fill done.

3. The line work. Some of those lines have wobbles which adds to the overall imbalance to the eye.

This is easily corrected by thickening the outline.

Overall it is not the worst ink I have ever seen but you want your ink to really shine so I would suggest getting an experienced artist to work some of the minor corrections and you will really notice the difference.

Take Care
Matthew

TooManyNotEnough
Participant
@toomanynotenough
Sherav;77463 wrote:
Hi

I am making these comments as constructive criticism not as a t-bag on your ink work.

The 3 main issues that struck me looking at your ink is as follows;

1. As mentioned the spacing is not great some of the pieces seem to be a little too bunched up and some towards the middle and bottom are a bit wide of the mark when compared to the rest of the ink. Did the artist measure your arm up and add each section as he went along or did he free hand it?

This can be corrected by adding thicker lines (power lining) and perhaps some shading within the gaps.

2. The fill has not been done as well as it could be. Tribal requires a lot of fill and often touch-ups.

I would really recommend taking it to an artist with a lot of experience in tribal and get some crisp shading and fill done.

3. The line work. Some of those lines have wobbles which adds to the overall imbalance to the eye.

This is easily corrected by thickening the outline.

Overall it is not the worst ink I have ever seen but you want your ink to really shine so I would suggest getting an experienced artist to work some of the minor corrections and you will really notice the difference.

Take Care
Matthew

This is some good advice. Just goto a new tattooer or the same and have them fill in not do paterns in the tribal and potentially widen each piece so they are closer together. If you like tribal find a GOOD above par tattooer and do some Jondix/thmoas Hooper style modern tribal!! Truly amazing work!!!

CrazySA
Participant
@crazysa

Thanks for the input guys, I was having a look at it last night and also thought thickening some of the shapes my fix it,

This has been freehand drawn, it may look like it needs touch ups maybe cause this pic is when it wasn’t healed yet,

was also thinking of shading, hope that helps will maybe go past another artist

CrazySA
Participant
@crazysa

oh p.s, it’s supposed to look more like a moari than a solid line tribal, 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.