Joggem
    Participant
    @joggem

Yeah, I’ll talk to the artist about adding the aurora, maybe I’ll stick to the moon though.
    I really don’t want to cluster a lot of things, even because it might end up looking like a huge mess when I get old and the tattoo starts to lose all its crispness.
    I’ll update with news from the tattoo artist as soon as I get them. Thank you all again for the help, tips, ideas and feedback 🙂

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

It has the possibility of being one fantastic tattoo.

I can’t wait for the pictures!

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

I just want to mention that since you are coming out of your depression, you do have friends here. We will do what we can to help.

Sam

Joggem
    Participant
    @joggem

Thanks, I’m still struggling with it, but at least I’m not AS negative anymore…
    I’m really enjoying the forum, I’m feeling a lot of honesty and good intention from the people here.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

We can be brutally honest. If that doesn’t work, we’ll make fun of you so at least we’ll be happy! (LOL)

I’m an old fart. I am getting more cynical as time passes.

iggybuddi
    Participant
    @iggybuddi

All the regulars on here are pretty decent people…or so we think ;). We all try to be 100% honest and straight forward, without being too much of an ass. Sometimes it seems harsh, but it’s all for the greater good. (Most of the time we just get lazy and lose our tact. Except for Buttwheat. Buttwheat-well, he has no tact, but that’s we like having him around). If you stick around, you’ll see many one time users come on here with a stupid post, say we’re all out to get them and tell them their tattoo sucks, and never come back cause they think we’re assholes. Glad you can see past, and hopefully use, some of the constructive criticism being thrown around. Hope you stay! It’s a real fun group of guys (and a few girls!) around these parts. 🙂

Joggem
    Participant
    @joggem

Ok, some news here!
    I got scheduled with Veron to start my tattoo on day 15. I’m going for full black and gray on a realistic style. I chose this because personally I prefer black and gray, and I think it’ll be harder for me to just “stop liking” it, if you know what I mean.
    So, I’ll stick around and when time comes, I’m going to upload pictures of the progress.
    The guy said it will take from 3 to 4 sessions to complete, and he will free hand everything except the wolf, which I’m already searching for images of.
    It’s also going to be a lot cheaper than I had imagined, god bless the miracles of underapreciated artists from small towns.

BertNaked
    Participant
    @bertnaked

@Sam-I-Am 120360 wrote:

I really like the wolf’s expression as though he is howling. Nice aurora.

Me too.
    wolf_kissing_lineart_by_Nightabsol.png

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@Joggem 120383 wrote:

O
    It’s also going to be a lot cheaper than I had imagined, god bless the miracles of underapreciated artists from small towns.

just curios how much will it be?

Joggem
    Participant
    @joggem

@buttwheat 120392 wrote:

just curios how much will it be?

Well, the currency here is Reais, and 1 dollar = 2 reais, give or take.
    Each session will be 100 reais, and he said about 4 sessions, so it’s going to be around 400 reais, plus the 1 hour trip there.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

That does sound reasonable.

Joggem
    Participant
    @joggem

Yeah… If I where to do it with Verissimo it would have cost me around 750 dollars… That guy is nuts.

iggybuddi
    Participant
    @iggybuddi

My artist was $120 hour. Charged me $650, including my deposit. And I gave him a tip in addition to that. I would’ve payed twice that. He’s amazing and deserves it. I’ll have this for my entire life. It turns out to be pretty cheap when you think of how long you’ll have it.

His rate is now at $150, due to 7-8 month waiting list. He completely deserves that.

Joggem
    Participant
    @joggem

@iggybuddi 120406 wrote:

My artist was $120 hour. Charged me $650, including my deposit. And I gave him a tip in addition to that. I would’ve payed twice that. He’s amazing and deserves it. I’ll have this for my entire life. It turns out to be pretty cheap when you think of how long you’ll have it.

His rate is now at $150, due to 7-8 month waiting list. He completely deserves that.

I completely agree with you. If it’s a good artist, they sure thing deserve all the money they can get.
    I was not planning on asking for a discount by any means, and to be completely honest, I have a X amount of money to spend on my tattoo, and if the guy really does a good job, I’ll cash him in the extra amount I’ll be saving for his work being cheap, and in addition I’ll do all my upcoming tattoos with him, and give him a good word around as well.
    I said the other guy is nuts because he’s not all THAT great, and this is a poor people country in general. To add to that, he did not even answer my messages whilist this other guy I’m getting tattooed with was very nice and sympathetic.

About the tattoo again, I’ve still got some time to think on it and improve the overall idea… And I was thinking that maybe the skulls would end up giving me a hard time finding a job or something… I mean, tattoos overall are not liked, and skulls are simply frowned upon by everyone.
    Do any of you got any idea of something I could substitute the skulls for? If I just can’t figure anything that looks as good, I’ll just go with it and if need be, use a long sleeve shirt to work (which would be torture considering I live in Brazil, haha)
    I like the snake idea though, as if it meant a bad vicious cicle. So if it mixes well with this, it would be awesome.

cankoy
    Participant
    @cankoy

oh…awesome tattoo.. i like the skull and rose..

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.