yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

Not really a fan of the tree coming out the skulls head, the proportions are all wrong. That skull must be HUGE for enormous trees to be coming out of it like that. But to each their own and people seem to like it. Who is the tattoo artist you are considering?

Joggem
    Participant
    @joggem

Well… The idea of the huge skulls is just as unreal as the wolf coming out of the mist to me. But I do get what you mean.
    This is the guy I’m thinking about going to. http://www.facebook.com/alexandreverissimotattoo/photos_stream
    And there is also this guy, he lives 1 hour away from my place: http://www.facebook.com/verontattoo/photos_stream
    I’m keeping contact with both at the moment, I’ll see which one gets my idea and evolve it to something more of my taste.
    About the technique on both, which one do you think is best?

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

The first guy is nowhere as good as he thinks he is. The second guy will do a better job for you.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

I agree with butt. I like Verontattoo’s work, but check them both out if you wish. Who knows?

Joggem
    Participant
    @joggem

Really? When I saw this tattoo of his I thought he was pretty good o:
    69408_510980658920943_1148121865_n.jpg
    That second guy, he’s REALLY good with details (imo, at least) but some of his work isn’t exactly symetrical, am I right?

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

It’s better work than some that I’ve had done on me.

(I would still be getting mediocre work if I hadden’t found this forum a few months ago)

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

@Joggem 120343 wrote:

Well… The idea of the huge skulls is just as unreal as the wolf coming out of the mist to me. But I do get what you mean.
    This is the guy I’m thinking about going to. http://www.facebook.com/alexandreverissimotattoo/photos_stream
    And there is also this guy, he lives 1 hour away from my place: http://www.facebook.com/verontattoo/photos_stream
    I’m keeping contact with both at the moment, I’ll see which one gets my idea and evolve it to something more of my taste.
    About the technique on both, which one do you think is best?

Again this is just my opinion but I think the wolf works because the mist is cutting off the tree making it look like a collage. Maybe if u do a bed of skulls versus one huge skull? But then you would lose the detailing of the skull if u did that.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@yodaddynukka 120349 wrote:

Again this is just my opinion but I think the wolf works because the mist is cutting off the tree making it look like a collage. Maybe if u do a bed of skulls versus one huge skull? But then you would lose the detailing of the skull if u did that.

I like the bed of skulls idea.

I’m guessing this will be done in black & gray.

Just a thought, how about aurora borealis (northern lights) behind/ above the wolf? Just a slight touch of color.

Joggem
    Participant
    @joggem

Well, I can see it being smaller skulls for sure, and fit more than 3 that I think would fit on that size… I thought of adding like a snake running from skull to skull as well, and its tail ending near the mouth, like a circle.
    I’m not sure about the aurora borealis, I mean, it looks awesome, but I’m REALLY pale and I think it would be cool to have a full black tattoo, who knows though, while I’m waiting for the artist answer, I can try to sketch that myself and color it with some pencils 😛

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

The snake works.

I hope you’re as psyched as I am because its your tattoo!

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

if youre really pale you should get color. color POPS on pale skin.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

I like Pale Ale!

I have pale skin and colors do explode!

Joggem
    Participant
    @joggem

Oh god… So many good ideas running by me now, and thinking about the color… Yeah, maybe a few accents of green and red here and there could look really nice (for both the “evil” and the “good” part, such as the aurora and I don’t know, some redness on the lowest part) who knows, maybe even changing the mist all together for the aurora, but then maybe it would get hard to turn it into a wolf because of the color.
    I’m getting really hyped for this… Waiting for the tattoo artist’s answer feels like torture now haha
    I think this is going to be one hell of a piece, I just couldn’t be more excited!
    Let me color one of the old sketches just for reference, I’ll post it here when I’m done

ugh, here it is… didn’t really end up as I imagined, but the artist would do a far better job than me (its my first time trying to paint anything, i usually just draw with graffite haha)
    FVsDa.jpg

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

I really like the wolf’s expression as though he is howling. Nice aurora.

Had you thought about a full moon?

(just to add another log to the fire)

yodaddynukka is right. Don’t clutter it up.
    Go to your artist with all this and talk it out with him (or her).
    You have the ideas, he has the experience to make it work.

Please keep us posted!

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

just be sure to try and not too many things. you dont want to clutter the idea. that is one of the biggest mistakes people make when they try to design their own sleeves.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.