Esteban
Participant
@esteban

I’ve been wanting this tattoo for a while but I’m at a point where im stumped on what else to do with it. I’m a legal studies student planning on law school so lady justice has a large amount of significance to me. I’m wanting to make it into a half/third sleeve design cutting off about 2-3 inches above my elbow. As far as color goes I’m wanting to keep it black with a little bit of white thrown in with the shading, but at this point I’m open to any ideas. The only thing set in stone is the lady justice drawing I found.
lady_justice.jpg
I also was given the idea of having the betsy ross american flag back behind her, although that’s just an idea. Something like this flowing back behind her
rossflag.jpg
That so far is my only idea on what to have in the background and I would really appreciate any input as I’ve seen some great ideas on this site.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

if you want the whole body of lady justice, a half/third sleeve prolly wont be enough space. you might have to cut off a portion of her leg. unless you have some long arms?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

She needs to be blindfolded

Lady%20Justice.jpg

catladyjusticedetailNB.jpg

lady-justice-tattoo.jpg

Esteban
Participant
@esteban

she will be blindfolded, I’m gonna have the artist add one I just liked this lady justice more than any other I’ve seen

BowsButtons
Participant
@bowsbuttons

Maybe she could be holding a flag instead of a sword? Resting it on her shoulder? Is the sword really important?
If you really want the flag anyway, get the tattoo in colour.
Maybe modernise her? Make her a pin up?

Esteban
Participant
@esteban

the sword is fairly important as it stands for the ability to enforce justice, I like the pin up idea but I want to keep a pretty classic look to it. My plan right now is her to be black and white/skin with the flag in color behind her looking kind of faded and distressed and tattered so it doesnt look like a brand new flag. I also came up with the idea of having her gown be longer so it can wrap partly around my arm

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.