smiffyuk2003
Participant
@smiffyuk2003

hiya all,

ive been wanting a new tattoo since my baby girl was born.. but could not think what would be a good tribute to her.
after sitting down yesterday i just started to think about what she means to me and this is what ive come up with

KAITLYN

you are my life, my beginning and my end
everything i do is for you
we’ll have lots of laughter and tears of joy
but i’ll tackle the pain with you too.
because i am your father,your pillar of faith
and i will protect you and i will keep you safe

20-10-2008

the kaitlyn wants to be in different writing, something to stand out, same as d.o.b

that will be going on my fore arm, but stuck on idea to have with it was thinking like shooting blue and red stars, or maybe clouds..

http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p341/smiffyuk2003/poem-forearm.jpg i like this design with the stars but obviously with a different spin so its not same

http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p341/smiffyuk2003/kane061104a.jpg and i love the font on this this is exactly how id want mine to look but all in one, not in 3 stages.

can any1 draw something up for some ideas please ๐Ÿ™‚

smiffyuk2003
Participant
@smiffyuk2003

we’ll im settled on the poem, going in sat to get it done, can someone design this for my fore arm so i can print it out and take it in please, what would someone charge me to design this?

thanks in advance

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

I’m sorry, but the chances of someone here spending the time it’d take to make this design up for you is almost nil. I’m not trying to be rude to you here, I just don’t want you left hanging.

99% of text only tattoos that are longer than a VERY few words look cluttered and plain, so I doubt of the amateurs here will take the time, and the professionals….well, they normally get paid for this sort of thing.

Your best bet is to print up the examples you gave us and take it to your artist. Designing you ink is part of his fee anyway.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

smiffyuk2003
Participant
@smiffyuk2003

text tattoo’s if done right look amazing. (google poetry tattoo’s) and this tattoo means alot to me, alot more than any other tatto i have had, so ill just keep this thread here till sat, see if anything comes up

and il alsol try a few other tattoo forums then, surely someone will draw this up.

thanks for your input

smiffy

smiffyuk2003
Participant
@smiffyuk2003

plus i dont just want text i want a design around it, thats the whole point of this topic.. someone with an artistic view to look at it and think yeah that would look good with stars on or clouds or anything..

so if anyone can help that will be brilliant

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

Its double posting me again :S

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

i would suggest getting it on your ribs .
its a lot of wording for your forearm and some day it wont be readable .
if you get it on your side you can add a shaded ornate frame to it .

also im not sure about the pain line , is they any meaning behind it ??

smiffyuk2003
Participant
@smiffyuk2003

if i could see my ribs i would, ha ha..

not really got the 6 pack to go with a rib tattoo. wish i did because ive seen a few and they look amazing

this tattoo is basically for my daughter, how she’s change my life for the better and im going to devote mine to her. means alot to me

thanks for the reply.

smiffy

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

LOL well i wouldnt let that stop you ๐Ÿ˜€

your chest over your heart then ?? still more room than a forearm

smiffyuk2003
Participant
@smiffyuk2003

hmmm that could be a good idea, like the thought of it always been close to my heart.. now thats worth thinking about.

thank you for being so helpfull and not just shooting my ideas down

smiffy

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

to be blunt with you….. it wont last long !!

tattoo lines do spread out over time and within a few years your text would look like a mingled in bunch of mush if it is done the size that you need it all to fit on your forearm.
when you look at the ones you have put up as examples then they are freshly done pieces… try searching for the same tattoos after say 5 yrs… you will be dissapointed with the results… im not saying dont get it done, what i am doing is bringing it to your attention that this is something you want to look good for life, not just a couple or a few years..

as regards to designing it for you, knight hawk has already explained, you need to print it out and take it to your artist.
they will sort it out for you also they can see the shape of your body as each person is different, they can design it to suit you, its all part of the service ๐Ÿ˜‰

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

maybe just this part outlaw but bigger on his chest with more detailed fancy script and framing

KAITLYN

you are my life, my beginning and my end
everything i do is for you

this part expresses your love well

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

that would be better but i dont think he will agree somehow !!

i might draw it up quickly and see ๐Ÿ˜‰

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

well. he could always get a back piece and keep all the words ๐Ÿ™‚

smiffyuk2003
Participant
@smiffyuk2003

point taken, do u know if there are any pics of older text tattoo’s.. im having second thoughts now and if im at all in doubt then alot more thinking is needed.

just wanted something to express my love for my daughter.
i cant see anything saying it better than words.

any pictures, ideas of other tatto’s?

as now im basically back to square 1.

thanks for the replys most appreciated.

smiffy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.