rubberroomranger
    @

thank you for the information. i appreciate it.

ArniVidar
    @arnividar
    Sherav;46692 wrote:
    Seriously though what have I done other than put the known info into a easily readable format??

Well, I’ve always known that there are more than a few dangers behind getting inked. My best friend (a doctor to be) had some words for me when I did it as well.

Although I haven’t read your entire blog (it takes time :)) what I’ve read has put more fear in me than I had before. I guess just seeing it all on ‘paper’ is worse than just knowing it beforehand. I’ll definitely be getting more ink done, but I’ll also definitely bring along several printouts and ask the tattooist all sorts of mood-killing questions about his inks :p

As for the UV stuff, all the talks of -ium’s has me off it now… I don’t expect any -ium’s are good for humans. They make bombs from -ium’s 😀

S.Neill
    Participant
    @s-neill
    rubberroomranger;46709 wrote:
    haha well i’m only 21 and go clubbing all the time so trust me i’ll be under blacklights quite a lot. plus i love neon colors regardless. but i don’t want dull colors, so is it possible to get a regular colored tattoo and then get blacklight over it, or even just parts of it??

See, that’s the deal. Your 21 and partying all the time, but you’ve only got a few years left of that before life makes you grow up, get responsible and set the party life to the side. what then? Think for the long term. That is part of what it means to be an adult.

S.Neill
    Participant
    @s-neill
    rubberroomranger;46746 wrote:
    you’ve completely missed the point. and yes i did address it and i said i’m willing to take the risk. and i wasn’t dissing your opinion. i was simply disagreeing. clearly we have different views on the matter. i just didn’t like the way you voiced your opinion. it seemed rude. like you were assuming i have less intelligence because i’m young.

It was meant to be rude, and yes you do have less intelligence because your young, thats why you have to ask advice from people who know more.

AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh
    S.Neill;46950 wrote:
    It was meant to be rude, and yes you do have less intelligence because your young, thats why you have to ask advice from people who know more.

:p Hey now… hey now… I have met a few elders in my life that made it quite obvious that their intelligence was less than equal to my own… but then again those people were from a state in which I consider to be the breeding capitol of ignorance so it was no wonder lol

Now for rubberroomranger… yes it was a rude post so please don’t let that discourage you from posting and being apart of the forum. I have seen many members on here young and old alike who are rude just to be rude… I guess they think it’s cute. I don’t know, I don’t care. So please as far as their posts go do not pay them any mind. I do know that a lot of our better members have decency and loads of knowledge not just in the field of tattoos and piercings but much more.

Now for your idea… about the UV ink and on top of regular ink… I thought about it too and had a great concept for my neck and chest… alas when I did my research on UV ink and asked some professionals they told me the same thing… no real sturdy knowledge of the safety of those inks at the time and they really didn’t want to use it. So I didn’t bother. If you still want to get it thne please, like Sherav stated, be careful in the type of UV ink used and also the artist you chose.

Good luck and I hope that the more informative posts concerning your questions were helpful to you.

Poesy
    Participant
    @poesy

I agree with AshKoshBgosh. Ignore rudeness and just carry on. It’s your skin, and if you’d still be happy with the design later then that’s fine

I think your concern is more the dangers that Sherav flagged up. If you arent in a club, then it’ll just be a tattoo, which assuming you get good quality ink will still look ok.

The real long term worry is if it gives you cancer. Obviously, everything in your life, if you listen to the media, can give you cancer, but UV seems a real risk. You’d might as well paint on uv stuff before going to a club and then wash it off – would be a lot safer anyhow!

Poesy

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

As a side issue I am currently trying to lay my mitts on some research they have done with UV pigments and pigs (closest they will allow to humans).

It is in the early stages but seems to have some indicators of risk.

I will update my blog when it is complete – I got an editor look it over and they handed me a new arse on the layout and such so it is currently getting chopped and sorted.

Hope to have it back up soon.

Take care
    Matthew

S.Neill
    Participant
    @s-neill

Had a friend once that drank rubbing alchohol to try to get drunk. I thought it was pretty stupid. Don’t have any idea what the long term ill effects of it was, but I know I”M not going to drink rubbing alchohol.

Nor will I put anything in my skin that glows. Period. There is no way anyone can convince me that ink that glows under a blacklight can be safe. Just my opinion, but I often wonder why people do such things to themselves. There are several other things I won’t do.

I won’t line my house with lead based paint. I won’t insulate my house with asbestos, I won’t drink Drain-O and I’m not putting ink in my skin that glows under a black light. All of those things belong in the same category as far as I am concerned.

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

mmmmm, i say stay away, i wont do em;)

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.