These terms govern your use of The Tattoo Forum and the products, features, apps, services, technologies and software we offer, except where we expressly state that separate terms (and not these) apply
The discussion forum section of the website allows people all over the world to post questions, ask for help and share their experiences.
We provide a image upload and gallery area for sharing original photos and allow these to be shared easily within the forum threads and topics.
We provide a personalised feed of activity based on the friendships you make on the forum and your own activity.
We use the data we have about your activity to personalise your experience.
There are many ways to express yourself on the forums to communicate with people directly via messaging, by writing an activity update onto your personal feed, by adding content in the form of a forum post or a gallery image and sharing this.
We show you ads, offers and sponsored content to help you discover content products and services that are offered by us or our advertising partners
Our Worldwide Tattoo Directory contains the information of thousands of tattoo studios throughout the world.
We provide a system for tattoo studio owners to claim their own listings and add their own content and information to keep it up to date.
We add studios not already present in our directory when we find them as well as providing simple ways for registered users to add their own studios quickly and easily.
We offer featured listings which appear higher in the search results and we also offer advertising packages for studios to be featured elsewhere in the forum.
The individual studio listings contain the facility to show their tattoo artists who are registered on the forum alongside their listings.
We provide a review system for studio customers to leave reviews on the listings.
We also provide a contact form for people to be able to contact studios directly.
We provide a Marketplace called The Tattoo Store which can include products from affiliates or individual vendors.
This store provides a platform for Tattoo Studios to list their branded items for sale as well as providing a marketplace style facility for any product vendors to signup and sell their products on our site.
We aim to provide global access to services and to do this we provide both a distributed hosting system to store data in data centers around the world and we also include a translation plugin which aims to auto translate all of the website content into the local language of the person viewing it.
Your data may be sent to any of these data centers in order to be able to provide the best experience possible.
This infrastructure may be operated or controlled by The Tattoo Forum or its affiliates.
We collect and use your personal data in order to provide the services and products listed above to you. You can learn about how we collect and use your data in our Friðhelgisstefna
We also encourage you to review the privacy choices in your settings regarding your personal data and what is visible on your profile pages. these can all be managed from your edit profile and settings page.
We provide these services to you and others to help provide our community. In exchange, we need you to make the following commitments:
Who can use The Tattoo Forum
When people stand behind their opinions and actions, our community is safer and more accountable. For that reason, you must:
- Provide accurate information about yourself.
Create only one account (your own) and use your activity feed for personal purposes.
Not share your password, give access to your Tattoo Forum account to others, or transfer your account to anyone else (without our permission).
We try to make the Tattoo Forum broadly available to everyone, but you cannot use the Tattoo Forum if:
You are under 18 ára.
You are a convicted sex offender.
We previously disabled your account for violations of our terms or policies.
You are prohibited from receiving our products, services, or software under applicable laws.
What you can share and do on The Tattoo Forum
We want people to use The Tattoo Forum to express themselves and to share content that is important to them, but not at the expense of the safety and well-being of others or the integrity of our community. You therefore agree not to engage in the conduct described below (or to facilitate or support others in doing so):
- You may not use our Products to do or share anything:
That violates these Terms
- That includes or links to any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, threatening, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racist, invasive of a person’s privacy, or otherwise in violation of any International laws and regulations.
That is unlawful, misleading, discriminatory or fraudulent.
That infringes or violates someone else’s rights.
- You may not upload viruses or malicious code or do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of our Products.
- You may not access or collect data from our Products using automated means (without our prior permission) or attempt to access data you do not have permission to access.
We can remove content you share in violation of these provisions and, if applicable, we may take action against your account, including temporarily or permanently banning your access to the site as a whole. We may also disable your account if you repeatedly infringe other people’s intellectual property rights.
Where appropriate, we will take steps to notify you when we remove your content for violating our content policies. We may not be able to provide notice in all cases, for example if we are prohibited from doing so by law or where it might harm our community or the integrity of our Products.
To help support our community, we encourage you to report content or conduct that you believe violates your rights (including intellectual property rights) or our terms and policies.
The permissions you give us
We need certain permissions from you to provide our services:
- Permission to use content you create and share: You own the content you create and share on The Tattoo Forum and nothing in these Terms takes away the rights you have to your own content. You are free to share your content with anyone else, wherever you want. To provide our services, þótt, we need you to give us some legal permissions to use that content.
Specifically, when you share, færsla, or upload content that is covered by intellectual property rights (like photos or videos) on or in connection with our Products, you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, and worldwide license to host, use, distribute, modify, run, copy, publicly perform or display, translate, and create derivative works of your content (consistent with your privacy and application settings). This means, til dæmis, that if you share a photo on Facebook, you give us permission to store, copy, and share it with others (aftur, consistent with your settings) such as service providers that support our service or other The Tattoo Forum Services you use.
You can end this license any time by deleting your content or account. You should know that, for technical reasons, content you delete may persist for a limited period of time in backup copies (though it will not be visible to other users). In addition, content you delete may continue to appear if you have shared it with others and they have not deleted it.
- Permission to use your name, profile picture, and information about your actions with ads and sponsored content: You give us permission to use your name and profile picture and information about actions you have taken on The Tattoo Forum next to or in connection with ads, offers, and other sponsored content that we display across our Products, without any compensation to you.
- Permission to update software you use or download: If you download or use our software, you give us permission to download and install upgrades, uppfærslur, and additional features to improve, enhance, and further develop it.
Limits on using our intellectual property
If you use content covered by intellectual property rights that we have and make available in our Products (til dæmis, myndir, hönnun, videos, or sounds we provide that you add to content you create or share on Facebook), we retain all rights to that content (but not yours). You can only use our copyrights or trademarks (or any similar marks) with our prior written permission. You must obtain our written permission (or permission under an open source license) to modify, create derivative works of, decompile, or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us.
Updating Our Terms
We work continually to improve and develop new services to make our services and products better for you and our community. As a result we may need to update these Terms from time to time. Unless otherwise required by law we will notify you (for example by email or through our products) at least 30 days before we make new changes to give you an opportunity to review them before they go into effect.
Once updated terms are in effect you will be bound by them if you continue to use our Products or Services.
We hope you will continue to use our products but if you do not agree with our updated terms and no longer want to be part of The Tattoo Forum community then you can delete your account at any time.
Account Suspension and Termination
We want The Tattoo Forum to be a place where people feel welcome and safe to express themselves, their thoughts and their ideas.
If we determine that you have clearly, seriously or repeatedly violated our terms or policies, we may suspend or permanently disable access to your account. We may also suspend or disable your account if we required to do so by law. Where appropriate, we will notify you about your account the next time you try to access it. You can contact us if you think we have disabled your account by mistake.
Limits on liability
We will use reasonable skill and care in providing our Products to you and in keeping a safe, secure, and error-free environment, but we cannot guarantee that our Products will always function without disruptions, delays, or imperfections. Provided we have acted with reasonable skill and care, we do not accept responsibility for: losses not caused by our breach of these Terms or otherwise by our acts; losses which are not reasonably foreseeable by you and us at the time of entering into these Terms; any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful, or otherwise objectionable content posted by others that you may encounter on our Products; and events beyond our reasonable control.
The above does not exclude or limit our liability for death, personal injury, or fraudulent misrepresentation caused by our negligence. It also does not exclude or limit our liability for any other things where the law does not permit us to do so.
We try to provide clear rules so that we can limit or hopefully avoid disputes between you and us. If a dispute does arise, þó, it’s useful to know up front where it can be resolved and what laws will apply.
If you are a consumer and habitually reside in a Member State of the European Union, the laws of that Member State will apply to any claim, cause of action, or dispute you have against us that arises out of or relates to these Terms or The Tattoo Forum Products (“claim”), and you may resolve your claim in any competent court in that Member State that has jurisdiction over the claim. In all other cases, you agree that the claim must be resolved in a competent court in the United Kingdom and that English law will govern these Terms and any claim, without regard to conflict of law provisions.
- These Terms make up the entire agreement between you and The Tattoo Forum regarding your use of our Products. They supersede any prior agreements.
- Some of the Products we offer are also governed by supplemental terms. If you use any of those Products, you will be provided with an opportunity to agree to supplemental terms that will become part of our agreement with you. To the extent any supplemental terms conflict with these Terms, the supplemental terms shall govern to the extent of the conflict.
- If any portion of these Terms are found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect. If we fail to enforce any of these Terms, it will not be considered a waiver. Any amendment to or waiver of these Terms must be made in writing and signed by us.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under these Terms to anyone else without our consent.
- These Terms do not confer any third-party beneficiary rights. All of our rights and obligations under these Terms are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
- We always appreciate your feedback and other suggestions about our products and services. But you should know that we may use them without any restriction or obligation to compensate you, and we are under no obligation to keep them confidential.