westtxamber
    Participant
    @westtxamber

OK so I’m trying to search the threads posted in the US Tattoo’s for an artist thats recommended. Please how do I do this or do you know a decent artist in the area. West TX. Please and thanks! :p

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

More info please. What sort of tattoo are you looking for?

westtxamber
    Participant
    @westtxamber

Right now I have 2 things in mind. Firstly, I want something to pay tribute to my family. I made a post here
    http://www.thetattooforum.com/tattoo-advice-need-epic-cover-up-t22440.html
    the other tattoo I’m looking at is matching zombies, I want a guy one hubbs wants a girl one. Not sure where yet but I want them to be like kissing when we put them together, or sharing a brain or something like that. Thinking more cartoon less realistic, well maybe realistic brain. Nothing set in stone for a plan just some thoughts right now. Just pretty disappointed in the one and only tattoo I’ve had done in a shop. Even the shop owner who was trying to fix what one of his employees had done hasn’t turned out all that great…and how do you tell someone you are not happy with what they’ve tattooed on you? Not like you can erase it and start over…

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Go to Liz cook I don’t know were the towns in texas are but well worth driving a day for. Liz Cook Tattoo :

ct_in_tx
    Participant
    @ct_in_tx

Hard to even think of someone that would be convenient to you without knowing where you live (west Texas is BIG) but there are plenty of good artists in Texas if you’re willing to drive a little. I live in Houston and my last three tattoos were done in Dallas, Austin, and San Antonio. But if you just want general suggestions….

You absolutely cannot go wrong with Liz Cook. Ridiculously amazing work and she’s a super-nice girl to boot.

Thomas Page – Pigment Dermagraphics – Austin
    I really like this guy’s work but unfortunately have yet to get anything from him. Plus he’s pretty fun to hang out and BS with. The shop doesn’t have a very good website but he keeps a good amount of stuff up on his Facebook page.

Cheese – Dandyland – San Antonio
    Met him while I was getting work done by Tara Quinn and he does some great stuff. Unfortunately the shop website doesn’t have a huge selection of his work. May be able to find more someplace else. You say you may want “cartoon” zombies – if you want New School, then Tara Quinn is definitely the way to go.

Spiro Kambitsis – Artistic Impressions – Houston
    This is the place I refer people to when they absolutely, positively want to stay in Houston for tattoo work. I’ve sent probably four people there in the past few months and usually go with and have met the guys. They’re all really cool and laid back. Mike Ashworth and Mike Woods are also not too shabby.

Terry Mayo – Cat Tattoo – Dallas
    Only met him briefly but he’s got a pretty good portfolio up online.

ezrider
    Participant
    @ezrider

Don’t know how close you are to Waco but I’ve heard good things about Zac Colbert from Infamous Ink in Waco, TX Zac “Lefty” Colbert

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

Liz cook, david mushany (sp?) From the same shop as Liz, Nick Baxter (almost impossible to book but to me the top 5 artist in america), nate beavers, clint cummings

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.