littlemo2
    Participant
    @littlemo2

I have an awful tatoo of a grim reaper on my left arm i got when i was 18, i really hate it and want it to be gone but do not want to subject myself to lazer removal, what can i do?

CruisingComet
    Participant
    @cruisingcomet

Are you able to post a photo?

S Neil might be able to advise you, he offered me advice on covering mine in a previous post a while back

http://www.thetattooforum.com/cover-up-t12578.html

Injun
    Participant
    @injun

Posting a photo will definitely help us to help you. It will let those in the know see what you have to work with, and where you can go from there.

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

post a pic as soon as you can and you will get a lot more advice
    its hards for us to comment about it without seeing it .
    is it a very black tattoo ? or faded a lot ?

bjornvil
    Participant
    @bjornvil

Hi and welcome to the forum!

The right artist can do wonders with a coverup.

I just got this done a week ago. The bird is covering a pretty large tribal. The artist did an excellent job with covering it up without resorting to a too dark image.

img00270x.jpg

littlemo2
    Participant
    @littlemo2

Here’s a picture:

img026l.jpg

CruisingComet
    Participant
    @cruisingcomet

compared to mine, i would say that would cover up ok, a few of the other guys here will advise you better

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

It can be covered but you are going to have to go big it will need to be at least 1.5x bigger than the orig.
    It will also have to be black or bright bold colours to cover it over properly.

The usual that would be a nice cover is the dragons, koi, lotus etc

What style of tattoo do you like and I will try and dig out some suggested images.

Take Care
    Matthew

littlemo2
    Participant
    @littlemo2

I am really unsure of what i like, and i dnt know where to start as im not sure what will cover it up and im worried about choosing another tattoo that i may end up not liking, do you have any images or kn ow of a good website i can look at?

thankyou
    Darren

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

go on http://www.flickr.com and put in the search cover up tattoo

they will be loads all different styles 😀

Injun
    Participant
    @injun

My suggestion to you is to look in your heart. Think of things that truley mean something to you. Then, focus on some way to turn that into a picture. If you think of a truley meaningful thought, go talk to your artist on how to turn that into a possible image that can cover your existing tattoo, and bring out the feeling that you incurr. I hope that makes sense.

LaPachanga
    Participant
    @lapachanga

Hey LittleMo, as far as cover ups go i had my scarface done only 2 years ago, and my artist is covering up the whole thing so trust me if hes an awesome artist, he will cover it up, sometimes its really good to consult with the artist and ask him for ideas, remember only they know what they are capable of covering up, I dont think they would lie to you just to get your business, if one thing i learned from this was to really take your time and do research, dont rush it unless you know what you want, But i really think you should consult with the artist before taking measures, take care, good luck, and god bless kid!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.