Keystone
    @

Hi Y’all!

I am new to this Forum and hope that you can offer some help and suggestions.

I am doing a research paper on the subject of Tattoo Removal. Primarily DIY tattoo removal.

I do realize that Laser is the main or preferred method of tattoo removal for some people.

It appears, after much investigation that the subject of DIY or Home Tattoo Removal is becoming VERY popular. WHY?

I sure would appreciate it if all of you could offer any “serious” reasons why many people are now choosing to remove their own tattoo.

Thank you all of you in advance for all your input. It really is appreciated!

Keystone

Joker1
    Participant
    @joker1

Well, I read a story in a magazine a couple months back that relates to this subject. A guitarist got a sleeve tattooed on him (while drunk) and woke up the next day to discover his sleeve contained a star on his forearm. He stated he hates tattooed stars and when it had healed up, had a few drinks and took it off using an angle-grinder. It healed up and left a pretty big scar, but he ended up getting that tattooed over as well. I can find that article if you want. Hope that helps!

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

I would only EVER recommend lazer removal.

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk

A) Because tattoos are becoming more common, people are more likely to recognize they have a shitty piece, or get something they’d hate later, and laser removal is expensive as sin.

B) People are fucking idiots.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

DIY tattoo removal is actually very common and has been practiced by very many ppl with a variety of results.

The most common is actually using acid. Yes all joking aside I have seen a variety of acid burns where ppl have attempted to remove their tattoo through ‘dabbing’. If you require the method formulae I will PM it but not willing to put the procedure for general consumption in case some muppet tries it.

The second most popular is done through peeling – using an abrasive material (sandpaper, steel wool etc) over a period of time by taking the top layers of skin off.

Then there is the cutting where ppl have the tattoo surgically removed or just slice through the skin in a botchy DIY job.

I have also seen where ppl have attempted to remove the tattoo through burning and a sulphur and vinegar compund mix called ‘devil dust’ – again happy to PM the procedure for same reasons.

The actual WHY?

First and foremost is cost. Many ppl do not realise how expensive professional tattoo removal is.
    The ‘cheap’ option is something that many will take as they think ‘how much can it hurt?’.

Guilt – Sometimes ppl get a tattoo and they feel guilty about it. They sometimes feel the need to ‘punish’ themselves and harsh removal is a purgatory method of absolvement.

Peer pressure – Some ppl get ink and in order to please their immediate peers bow down to remove it. Again cost is an issue.

Mainly though DIY removal is because of ignorance. Many think that they are easy to remove and the pain and risk of infection is really low as it is ‘only ink’.

They do not take the time to think about the consequences either before they get it or when they try to remove themselves.

Take care
    Matthew

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk

You forgot one:

The Matthew DIY technique! The Cheap and Sleazy Way

Step One
    Hunt around the garage and find an old car battery. Give it a shake and make sure it is not dry. (If you are unable to find an old battery get your son to pinch a car and use that).

Step Two
    Uncork the battery and using gloves tip around 1cm of battery acid into a suitable container – any old jar will do.

Step Three
    Grab a heavy piece of wood (2×4) or a baseball bat. (For anaesthetic purposes). Give it a few practice swings.

Step Four
    Call your son down into the garage.

Step Five
    Hit them over the head a few times until they are rendered unconcious. (Trust me may sound brutal but they will thank-you in the long run).

Step Six
    Dilute the battery acid in 2-3 litres of water. (Use rainwater if you are on a meter – keeps the cost down).

Step Seven
    Take a used paintbrush (no sense in damaging a new one) and gently apply a small amount of the battery acid to the tattoo. Sizzling flesh and screaming is normal. Apply the wood/bat again as many times as necessary until silent.

There you have it in 7 easy steps you can do a tattoo removal and or do in your annoying family member.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Lmao

Just blew my cover of been a serious poster.

Take Care
    Matthew

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk

Well, it’s still better than using paint thiner.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

i think the main reasons they opt for doing home removal are..

a. the cost of laser removal much higher than wrecking balm
    b. they aint got a clue how it f**ks their skin up

if your going to get one removed then do it properly and get it lasered…

DonnaMH
    Participant
    @donnamh
    KnightHawk;37736 wrote:
    Well, it’s still better than using paint thiner.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Hahhaa….but that was my FAVORITE!!

and I go with :

B) People are fucking idiots!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.