Robo1
    @

I got a black tattoo almost exactly a year ago. I’ve had it hit with a laser three times since last January, and it has hardly faded at all. The light shading around the edges disappeared instantly, and some of the black section became a bit patchy after the first session, but other than that–nothing. The second and third treatments seemed to produce no results at all. The laser tech didn’t have much useful advice to give–just said this is a highly unusual situation, but not to worry, every person’s different, and it’ll fade eventually. I can’t keep spending this kind of money, especially considering I intend to spend even more on a cover-up once it’s faded somewhat. Considering it’s a black tattoo, which is supposed to be the easiest to remove, I was expecting five or six sessions at most. There’s no way that’ll happen.

Has anyone else ever run into a similar situation?

Is there such a thing as special, laser-resistant ink? (Please, please say no.)

turbosatan
    Keymaster
    @turbosatan

no such thing as laser resistant ink. but i guess some inks are more difficult to remove than others.

but that doesnt mean you are going to get good results from laser treatment.

every person is different. the results you get from tattoo removal may change a lot dependant on who tattoo’d you in the first place . a good tattooist will be very consistent in terms of depth etc

jinny123
    Participant
    @jinny123

it is worth noting that different lasers work on different frequencies, and certain frequencies only remove certain colours. laser removal machines are very very expensive so your tattoo studio is likely to have a laser that only works on a few frequencies, so it may be best to try a different laser removal at another tattoo studio, hope this helps

scrubmuncher
    Participant
    @scrubmuncher

Keep it in mind that the treatment will keep fading long after the treatment. I’ve had quite a bit of laser treatment and it kept fading into about 9months after treatment. One other thing, if you have had 3 treatments in 6 months, that will not be very good for your skin recovery. Leaving 3 months between treatment at least is advised to get an idea of how the fading is reacting with your skin.
    You probably noticed on the first treatment they had the machine turned up quite high compared to the second and third treatmant also, this is taught to them to lower the scarring, but if you tell them to keep it turned up for all your treatments and you aren’t that bothered about the scarring then you will have better results. You will get bits of skin flying all over the place but at least you will know you are getting results.
    By scarring they mean your skin will be a different tone to the rest, not a biggy, depends if you intent to get reworked in the same area.

Skrib
    Participant
    @skrib

Do you think you could post a picture of that?

tat2begone medical group
    Participant
    @tat2begone-medical-group

It doesn’t have anything to do with the color of the tattoo, although black colored ink usually responds quicker. It has to do with your body’s immune system, the laser delivers very short pulses of high intensity light into the high treated area. The tattoo ink and pigments then selectively absorb the light. The tattoo is dissolved into smaller ink particles that are removed by the body’s immune system over a 5 weeks following treatment. Here at tat2begone we encourage customers to a minimum of 3-6 treatment is all that’s required to lighten an existing tattoo in preparation for a cover up.

for more info visit: Tat2begone.com

Kelly

mandymoon12
    Participant
    @mandymoon12

i was just looking online and it may be a bit hit and miss but this website claims they can remove tattoos worth a try as you get a free trial

http://www.prevalstore.com/

good luck

Calandryll
    Participant
    @calandryll

taking immune stimmulants will help speed the recovery as well.

eating foods high in vitamin C, in combination with Zinc, and Potassium will help to get the immune system pumping and working faster. Taking vitamins helps a little, though only if you take them with food. Your body can only absorb vitamins through food, that is why pill vitamins have to be so strong, cause most is wasted.

TitTat
    @

I have been following this thread with interest as I had the same problem, I had a black tattoo on my arm and after 2 lasers, if anything its even more prominent! Its not even that big. They just told me it was the shade of the ink. Its too expensive to keep going back but if anyone can shed some light??…

tattoomd
    Participant
    @tattoomd

It’s actually true, there are some inks that are “resistant” to laser treatment. If your ink contains metal oxide pigments, then it’s much harder to remove than organic-based ink, such as India ink. It is not clear why that is – I don’t think that enough research has been done. However, it is known that in cosmetic tattoos, iron oxide is often used. When that is treated with the laser, it converts from brown to black. In the case reports available out there, it is still removable but requires much more than the usual number of laser tattoo removal treatments. Some artists that I’ve talked to are aware of this phenomenon and specifically use metal oxide ink because it’s harder to remove. If you don’t know what’s in your tattoo, you may as well keep going for now, since you’ve had at least some fading. Otherwise, try to find out from your tattooist, if possible.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.