KirveS
Participant
@kirves

I am recovering alcoholic and use disulfiram (Antabus) medicine to prevent drinking. I wanted to ask if anybody knows does the alcohol in tattoo ink react with disulfiram? For what i know aftershave that contains alcohol and some desinfection liquids do react.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

You will want to tell your tattooist a lot of alcohol is used in he process. It would probably be best to wait until you stop taking Disulfirum and use will power to keep you from drinking. Congrats on taking steps to get your life back together.

KirveS
Participant
@kirves

@buttwheat 144884 wrote:

You will want to tell your tattooist a lot of alcohol is used in he process. It would probably be best to wait until you stop taking Disulfirum and use will power to keep you from drinking. Congrats on taking steps to get your life back together.

Thank you! Yeah, there will be long way to go. Last ten or so years has gone struggling with alcohol but now it seems beatable 🙂 I’ve been interested in tattooing since i was kid but now it seems that i have will and power to actually start learning it.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

Stop talking about tattooing people. You’re so far away from that point you have no idea.

Congratulations on your recovery, I hope it sticks but I agree, do not get tattooed until you’re no longer on the medication, it’s not worth risking a severe reaction that could permanently ruin your skin or worse. Reactions are dangerous things so don’t play with fire.

Pen, paper, and lots of time is my prescription.

KirveS
Participant
@kirves

I am only gonna tattoo myself, not going to make a career. Peace!

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

I’m sorry but you’re an idiot… Good luck with your infections. I’m out.

KirveS
Participant
@kirves

@kittykat200 144964 wrote:

I’m sorry but you’re an idiot… Good luck with your infections. I’m out.

Thank you 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.