nuggins
Participant
@nuggins

i can’t save anything from instgram…his family photos are on there as well…need to respect his privacy and work from just anyone seeing it online in an open msg thread…

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

@nuggins 143583 wrote:

i can’t save anything from instgram…his family photos are on there as well…need to respect his privacy and work from just anyone seeing it online in an open msg thread…

Is his instagram set to privet? if not post a link it’s not privet nobody is going to slam him on instagram.

From the line work you have I hope he can cover all the blown lines with color and shading

nuggins
Participant
@nuggins
nuggins
Participant
@nuggins

oh – and in regards to ‘blown lines’ …you are talking about those lighter lines that do not look dark right?…those are going to be his reference points for how he is going to shade it – it will be a lot cleaner for sure —he broke all that down for me

BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked

This guy is a real old school tramp. Can’t believe he have done much biomech.
I’m not saying he is bad, just that this is way, WAY out of his comfortzone.

How did you manage to find this guy for your bio-cover-sleeve?

nuggins
Participant
@nuggins

@BertNaked 143603 wrote:

This guy is a real old school tramp. Can’t believe he have done much biomech.
I’m not saying he is bad, just that this is way, WAY out of his comfortzone.

How did you manage to find this guy for your bio-cover-sleeve?

i was starting to kind of think this with the way that all of this has been going…he said he’s done a lot though…i got to him from a referral – guy had 3-4 pieces from him – all nice – but not bio… artist suggested bio for the coverup and i said ‘let’s do it’

BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked

The main problem here (if we go back to page one) is that he have no clue of what he is doing, and / or is going to do. I can’t see anything that is similar to biomech on his instagram – because he’s an old school / traditional tattooer. He know what biomech is, and sure it’s good for coverups – but still, you should fucking know what you are doing.
This is shown by how slow / lazy / clueless he is when working on you.

Just my
50-cent.jpg

nuggins
Participant
@nuggins

i hear ya bro…any suggestions on how i should approach him w/ my concerns…i don’t want to come off like a complaining dick for sure

BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked

I’d ask about how he have imagined this to be finished. Sketch, blueprint.. anything. That’s step one.

nuggins
Participant
@nuggins

k – i see him next tuesday…then in another 2 weeks…said it should take 3 sessions… i’m hoping for the best!

nuggins
Participant
@nuggins

he did have some sketches worked up on the actual coverup…then the inner arm when he hit a sticking point the session before… he printed out some works of others for details he liked

BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked

Just ask him about what he thinks about what the progress will be. What will be done that session, if he have a clear idea etc.
Don’t just sit there and take shit.

Example;

Last tattoo I took, me and my artist were talking about the tattoo BEFORE doing it.
He wanted to use brown colors, I did not, so we agreed on blue / purple.
Size was a bit big, and he shrunk it 3 times (printed on stencil, and tried it on three times as well)

I didn’t act like a bitch about this, and it worked out well.

nuggins
Participant
@nuggins

@BertNaked 143612 wrote:

Just ask him about what he thinks about what the progress will be. What will be done that session, if he have a clear idea etc.
Don’t just sit there and take shit.

Example;

Last tattoo I took, me and my artist were talking about the tattoo BEFORE doing it.
He wanted to use brown colors, I did not, so we agreed on blue / purple.
Size was a bit big, and he shrunk it 3 times (printed on stencil, and tried it on three times as well)

I didn’t act like a bitch about this, and it worked out well.

dude- i ask EVERYTIME what the “plan of attack it” is?… went over color scheme already etc. … said plan of attack never fully happened 3 out of 4 times though

jinny123
Participant
@jinny123

@nuggins 143618 wrote:

dude- i ask EVERYTIME what the “plan of attack it” is?… went over color scheme already etc. … said plan of attack never fully happened 3 out of 4 times though

have you voiced your concerns to him?

sometimes it is difficult to stand up and say “im not happy with this” as it makes us feel accusatory. but you are feeling like that and the tattooist needs to know.

when you next arrive there say to him look im a bit concerned about the fact we sit here for 3-4 hrs at a time and only get 1 hrs tattooing done at a time. its costing a lot more than i had anticipated and i want to see a proper plan in place before we go any fuirther.

can you take a photo of my arm and do whatever design bits you need to do and send them to me so i know what the end goal is here and you can spend the 4 hrs inking me and not comign up with the desing as thats not what i want to be paying for.

it sounds simple when you type it but its more difficult in person in know.

just try and figure out what you want and say it to them.

nuggins
Participant
@nuggins

@ jinny— right spot on — i haven’t voiced concerns yet but want to when i see him next…that’s why i started this thread… totally difficult to convey what i think without offending him…and since it’s his ‘vision’ …and already made $1200 – he could just go “go fuck yourself”…then it’s either laser ot just a black f’in arm… i’m actually a bit stressed out on this

and the outline is done so hoping there is no more designing…just shading…hoping

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.