Bri1575
    Participant
    @bri1575

I have suffered from alot of abuse from my father and the man I was with for the past few years…I struggle with anxiety and depression and want something to look at every day (especially on my bad days) that shows I am strong and can deal with this/won’t go back to him. I always told myself to breathe in those moments of hell but it seems too obvious and I want it to be personal. It will be my first so just a small/medium sized design in a hidden place..preferably pretty feminine

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Here you go

suicide-teddy-tattoo.jpg

Kimmietec
    Participant
    @kimmietec

The tattoo already has meaning because of your justification for getting it, so don’t worry about trying to find a piece that has additional symbolism or representation shoved in. Just think of something that you like or find aesthetically pleasing and find an experienced, talented artist to turn it into a permanent piece of art for you.

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

Something small and feminine? A butterfly can never go back to being a caterpillar. Or a rose above the thorns?

I agree with Kimmietec. No matter what image you pick, you will know what it means to YOU when you look at it.

HardlyHeroic
    Participant
    @hardlyheroic

You want something to remind you of what is the root of your PTSD? Isn’t that a trigger or something? I’m not seeing the logic.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

Some good advice above 🙂

Afink87
    Participant
    @afink87

Have you seen “the legend” skull? It looks like the punisher skull with different nostrils. The man who’s honor it was to represent this particular design was a hero, he saved many lives at the risk of his own safety and sanity. Even after he left the service it was his mission to help people with PTSD. If it’s not too manly for you I think it’s a great representation of sticking up for what you believe in and perseverance in the hardest of times.

kittykat200
    Participant
    @kittykat200

just pick something you like. We can all sit here and suggest hundreds of different things but at the end of the day its not going on our bodies. You could tell me to get a clown tattoo to commemorate the time I went to the circus but I will never have a clown tattoo… there are so many different symbols and words and pictures that are open to you but instead I would just research artists. find a style you like and an artist that excels in that style, then approach them with some samples of things you like and let them help you. It’s their job! whatever you end up with should be because you chose it with your heart not because 100 strangers on a tattoo forum voted it in.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.