poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

@pidjones 141080 wrote:

By my understanding, tattoos are very forbidden in Islam. In fact, that is the main reason that I am planning to delay one tattoo that I have planned, as I teach many international students in my work, and I do not want to offend any of them with a visible tattoo.

I fear that you are either baiting this forum, or dealing with a very dangerous subject that can get you in serious trouble in your country. In either case, this open internet forum is no place for it to be discussed.

However, you are wrong. Islam does not forbid tattoos. The Bible however, does. No, tattoos are considered Haram by most muslims, but as with most of Islam; It’s a matter of judgement. Previously all modification of the body was considered haram, including hair dye, braces, pierced ears +++. Henna tattoos f.ex are accepted by most muslims today.
    This ofc also depends on Sunni or Shi’a muslims, as Sunni islam typically does forbid tattoos, but Shi’a allows it, and Iran has a majority of Shi’a.
    So it’s changing. But Iran is a conservative country (and their Imam especially so), so they forbid tattoos but there are several underground tattoo artists in Iran, their information readily available online, and trust me; If they truly wanted to shut them down.. They would.
    But yeah, Islam generally is against altering what Allah gave you, namely the body, but this view is interpreted in different ways around the world, because if taken directly, it also excludes braces, hair dye, pierced ears, even a hair cut. So it depends on the direction of Islam you follow, imam and a ton of other aspects.

So, an internet discussion is very unlikely to get him in serious trouble, and for it to be used as baiting.. Well. Highly unlikely.

Now, Ninisalen, it doesn’t really matter what ink or which machine is best, because you won’t be able to order one into Iran. You need contacts to help with this. So you need to do your homework and find the underground tattoo industry in Iran.
    But be careful. Although the attitude towards tattoos is changing, you obviously know Iran better than anyone of us. So take the precautions needed. I respect your courage and dedication though.

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

@peterpoose 141083 wrote:

Melt black rubber until it becomes powder, mix with water, this is how they make ink in prison! ?

One time this guy tried to tell me about using a lighter to burn a saltine cracker box and mixing the char with baby oil. I giggled and walked away.

ninisalen
    Participant
    @ninisalen

@pidjones 141080 wrote:

By my understanding, tattoos are very forbidden in Islam. In fact, that is the main reason that I am planning to delay one tattoo that I have planned, as I teach many international students in my work, and I do not want to offend any of them with a visible tattoo.

I fear that you are either baiting this forum, or dealing with a very dangerous subject that can get you in serious trouble in your country. In either case, this open internet forum is no place for it to be discussed.

Hi my friend
    Tattooing is forbidden in Islam
    Because water has no contact with the substance is placed under the skin

ninisalen
    Participant
    @ninisalen

@poxphobia 141087 wrote:

However, you are wrong. Islam does not forbid tattoos. The Bible however, does. No, tattoos are considered Haram by most muslims, but as with most of Islam; It’s a matter of judgement. Previously all modification of the body was considered haram, including hair dye, braces, pierced ears +++. Henna tattoos f.ex are accepted by most muslims today.
    This ofc also depends on Sunni or Shi’a muslims, as Sunni islam typically does forbid tattoos, but Shi’a allows it, and Iran has a majority of Shi’a.
    So it’s changing. But Iran is a conservative country (and their Imam especially so), so they forbid tattoos but there are several underground tattoo artists in Iran, their information readily available online, and trust me; If they truly wanted to shut them down.. They would.
    But yeah, Islam generally is against altering what Allah gave you, namely the body, but this view is interpreted in different ways around the world, because if taken directly, it also excludes braces, hair dye, pierced ears, even a hair cut. So it depends on the direction of Islam you follow, imam and a ton of other aspects.

So, an internet discussion is very unlikely to get him in serious trouble, and for it to be used as baiting.. Well. Highly unlikely.

Now, Ninisalen, it doesn’t really matter what ink or which machine is best, because you won’t be able to order one into Iran. You need contacts to help with this. So you need to do your homework and find the underground tattoo industry in Iran.
    But be careful. Although the attitude towards tattoos is changing, you obviously know Iran better than anyone of us. So take the precautions needed. I respect your courage and dedication though.

Thanks for your help
    Islam and Iranian Shi’ism right, but it does not ban
    Female Tattoo underground like Sohrab, mili, rasa … but not in my town.
    Tattoos in Islam and Iran and pressing ok.
    To purchase equipment and a Joker tattoo Iran sends me said.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.