Irishe
    Participant
    @irishe

Hello, I seem to be having new questions regularly about my tattoo that is now about 5 weeks old I think, could be 4 weeks.
    Anyway, it has mostly healed even though it is still dry around the edges but there is this one spot that is really bothering me… both the yellow ink there doesn’t seem to be as supposed to look (uneven) and there is a red spot there that won’t go away and I’m wondering if anyone has any idea about what it might be and why. I’ll post a picture of it to help.

1062541_10151554077122717_321708577_n_zpsb7e49cf0.jpg

Eugh, sorry about the hairs…haven’t wanted to shave over it yet! :rolleyes:

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Welcome to the forum!

Tattoos take months to heal. It should be fine in time.

Keep us posted.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

It looks like a poor attempt at shading the color. It may be that or it didn’t heal up good just go get your free touch up

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

If you get it touched up…ask them to hold the blowout. There’s enough already.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

The issue with your arm is that the area got overworked and you have a small scar pocket that has inflamed (like a pimple). You need to give it a couple of weeks to heal and then get a touch up once the swelling has gone down.

That said your skin is not holding the ink at all well and the pigment is seeping beyond the line (what we call a blow out – the ink is held in place by scar tissue that forms around the pigment).

If the artist tears the skin by going over the area too much it can cause the ink to bleed.

My advice is let it heal for a month and then take it to an artist who can either give you a decent cover up or rework the sharpness back into the tattoo.

It will cost more but will be totally worth it.

Take care
    Matthew

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.