haveheart88
Participant
@haveheart88

im hoping someone could give me an idea as to if this would work.
when i was 18, i got a misfits tattoo i just dont want on me anymore.
here is a link to a picture of it:
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/1048/photo9i.jpg
i want to cover it with the following artwork, which is an t-shirt adaption of converge’s jane doe album cover.
http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/4149/janedoerunon.jpg
i picked the shirt design over the original album cover because i thought the stuff surrounding jane’s head might help hide the misfits skull.
overall, my question is: is this possible? do the two match closely enough to pull this off?
thanks.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

Dude, do you think you are going to like converge in 10 years? because you won’t be able to cover it again if you get sick of it.

Is it possible? probably. Should you get another tattoo based on something that will probably be irreverent in 5 years? your call.

alexxturner
Participant
@alexxturner

It’ll be possible to cover it but why would you want to cover a band tattoo that you got bored of with ANOTHER band tattoo that you will probably get bored of within a few years, but yeah thats just my 2 cents.

gnarly
Participant
@gnarly

You should cover it with a Have Heart tattoo instead.
That screams longevity.

Lolz. Pun.

haveheart88
Participant
@haveheart88

thanks for you input.
i am well aware of the comedic value inherent in covering up a band tattoo with yet another, but i feel there are two important differences:
1) the jane doe tattoo would be far less cliche and uninspired
2) the misfits tattoo was a spur of the moment decision, where as i have given months of thought to the jane doe tattoo, and still feel enthusiasm towards it.
my goal was to merely see if this would be possible, given their relative similarities in line and shape.
so far, im hearing this may be worth exploring.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.