bryada
@

I really want to get a tattoo on my lower legs (ankle to mid calf) before I run my next marathon which is in October. I am thinking that if I get it now the long runs and sweat rolling down my legs might not be favorable for the tattoos to fully take. A guy at a local shop said that it would be fine as long as I keep it out of the desert sun for at least a month and put proper lotions on before and after running. He did not seem to be the brightest bulb however. Can anyone give me advice on if I can get it now or is it not the smartest?

Thanks!

Chief D
Participant
@chief-d

Yes,
You should be fine. Sweat is not going to hurt your ink at all. I would give the fresh tattoo a couple of days to start the healing process before you go back to full marathin training. Keep it out of direct sunlight for the same time. Use sunscreen and you should be fine.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

though it would be fine to run a few days after you get ink, the thing you need to worry about most is the sun exposure. so i would wait until completely healed (about a month or so) before u use any sunscreen.

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

I usually give it a few days after I get tattooed before I started exercising again , even then take it slowly at first as you will probably still be a little stiff and sore

Like the above posters said – stay out of the sun as much as possible until it has completely healed

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.