Juicedup2k9
Participant
@juicedup2k9

Ok I have two tattoos, one is a sun on my right shoulder and the other is a full sleeve tribal on my right arm. My tribal piece has been worked on by 3 seperate artists and all have told me that I bleed a lot, to make a long story short I started on the tribal a year ago and now its a full sleeve but it is hell trying to get it to hold color. A quick run down on the meds I take to try and figure out why my blood is so thin, I take Lortab 10-500 six times a day, Lexapro 30mg, micardis hct. I at first thought it was the lortab due to it having so much tylenol in it but after doing some research I keep coming up with the same scenario that it will not thin it out. The bad part is I have had this thing shaded on numerous times and it is no where as dark as I want it to be, I still have two more spots to finish coloring in for it to be finished but I already have about 40hrs in this thing.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

The first stop should be your Dr but checking those drugs against my manual (I suffer anemia) it stated that

Lexaprop: Generic Name: escitalopram

Talk to your doctor before taking any medicine for pain, arthritis, fever, or swelling. This includes aspirin, ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin), naproxen (Aleve, Naprosyn), diclofenac (Voltaren), indomethacin, piroxicam (Feldene), nabumetone (Relafen), etodolac (Lodine), and others. Taking any of these drugs with Lexapro may cause you to bruise or bleed easily.

So I checked Lortab ASA Generic Name: aspirin and hydrocodone which needs to be checked if you are experiencing bleeding or bruising.

The other thing is Micardis HCT Generic Name: hydrochlorothiazide and telmisartan is a diruetic which stops salt absorbtion and improves blood flow this means more blood flow = more bleed out.

It would seem the combination of drugs you are taking is just not suited to lengthy tattoo sessions.

Obviously your health is more important so I would suggest shorter sessions and do it very gradually.

Also speak with your Dr and explain what you are doing tattoo wise and see if there is anything they can do to reduce the bleeding.

Take Care
Matthew

Juicedup2k9
Participant
@juicedup2k9

I really appreciate your response, I actually have to go back this coming Saturday to finish it up. I have read that Vitamin K will help with the blood coagulation, I plan on going to doc this week but do you agree on the Vitamin K?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.