Violetgems
    Participant
    @violetgems

From the same tattoo artist that made mince/hamburger meat of your skin after tattooing the initial tattoo? I am in two minds about this. When I first got my tattoo it looked great (as they often do) but overworked. It is 2 weeks old and still badly scabbed in the more hacked areas. The entire tattoo was gone over in a hardcore way. Admittedly, I can take longer than the normal 2 weeks to heal, but I can already see that the tattoo will need more than the quick touch up. I have had touch ups before, but never nearly 90% of a tattoo.! It’s on my inner wrist and looks horrid. I will let it heal for another 2 weeks just to give my skin a fighting chance, but am wondering if I pay to have it done right.? What do you think? I am not sure it’s wise to let the original artist hack away again or do you think they’ll see the previous heavy-handed ness and lighten up on the tochup? Hard to know. I am not as flush with cash now either which is a pain too.

Like I said earlier, the tattoo looked okay after getting it done initially, minus a few areas, but now I am embarrassed to even have it seen. This is my 5th tattoo and is a decent size . :confused:

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

if he has made a mess of your tattoo i would go to a different artist and explain that you wasnt happy and that you feel you need it touching up a bit .
    you will have to pay but its not going to be a fortune , oh and also you wont be able to get it touched up till you had your tattoo for about 6 – 8 weeks so its fully healed !

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

I was suprised you asked – if somebody butchered me there is no way in hell I would go back.

I would suggest letting the tattoo totally heal and use that time to save up and let a pro at it.

Take Care
    Matthew

Violetgems
    Participant
    @violetgems

That was my thought exactly. But sometimes I wonder if I am being quick to blame others. Just being the glutton for punishment that I am I went back there to let them have a look and of course they were quick to blame me for poor aftercare 🙁 and here I was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. Weird. The head artist, not the one that did mine said I let it get infected that’s why it looked the way it did. After taking quick deep breaths I showed then a picture of it 2 hours post application and you could see the over worked bits even then. She soon quieted down. Both the artist and the other tattooer said they’d never seen a tattoo look like that before but would fix it in a few weeks. Needless to say, I will save as you have suggested and move on. Just so interesting how they wanted to try and wiggle out of it in the first instance without hearing me out. Well, that will teach me from straying from my original tattoo artist who’s done nearly all my others. Live and learn. :rolleyes: Thanks for your considered replies. 🙂

amanaman11
    Participant
    @amanaman11

was is a certain color that scabbed… all except for my last tattoo’s healed quickly, the last one was scabbed which i’ve never had a big scab let alone one for 3 wk’s – was only the red that hasn’t fully healed – no more scab but you can tell my skin is fighting it out, over a month already but slowly healing and probably will need a touch up, never had issues like that before but it’ll all work out… oh yeah, so as i said, was it a certain color or random scabbing…

Violetgems
    Participant
    @violetgems

The entire thing scabbed. No red in this tattoo this time, but pink, white and black for outline and shading. But mind you .. Isn’t pink red with white in it? LOL My skin looks as if it is fighting it out too to be honest. I have spots on a bit of my tattoo which are my skin colour. I must have super pigment ( conjures up image of amy pigmented cell in a super hero cape) :p I hope it will all work out okay. There is always a degree of heartache when it looks like your precious tattoo isn’t as perfect as you’d hoped. Maybe that’s just me. It still has a rather leathery feel to it. I’m putting organic jojoba oil on it currently. Hoping that leathery skin will go and I can get a real good look at what is what then.

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

so are you going to show us this pic ? :rolleyes:

Violetgems
    Participant
    @violetgems

As much as I’d love to post a pic, I am not sure if the hamburglar frequents this forum so thoght it best not to chance it. :o. I can hear my mother now telling me off for my poor form just for thinking it. Lol.

CruisingComet
    Participant
    @cruisingcomet

if you are not happy with the artist – why on earth would you even consider going back there again:confused:

Phat_Goddess
    Participant
    @phat_goddess

I know your pain of not having a perfect tattoo like you pictured. I got mine done & when it was first finished it looked awesome. About a week or so the ink in about 1/4 of it came out and the other look horribly faded. I was pissed. I took care of it like I was told exactly & when I went in the shop owner (my tattoo artists father) said oh its normal :rolleyes: & said just come in and we’ll touch it up for free. The artist did touch it up…fucker also did a quick job so my lines are jacked up & everyone says it looks great..but i can see all the imperfections & when i paid for 3 1/2 hours of work and only had 2 1/2 including the touch up mind you, I expect a damn good tattoo. My step sister went to the same guy & he jacked hers up too. My step sis bitched at the shop owner & he tried saying it’s fine & she’s like hell no it’s not. So they say they are going to fix it, but still. I’m hoping I can find an artist in my area I like.

Sorry that yours got hacked up. I’d like to see a pic too but I understand. I personally show mine & tell people who ask what happened with mine. Wouldn’t want someone else to get their stuff jacked up by them.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.