girpigg1e
    Participant
    @girpigg1e

hey im lookin to get some tattoos but i just had a random question…

when they do different colors, how do they switch between them? do they change out different needles each time or is there some way to clean them between each ink color?

i just worry id get traces of one color into another…

Baarz
    Participant
    @baarz

omg, you sir are an idiot.

-DMD-
    Participant
    @dmd

baarz? WTF?!
    cant you just explain him if your such a great expert ass?
    hate ppl like this arse -.-

actually, never thought of that, all mine are the same color[ black]. =]

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

It is a very reasonable question and was one of the first I ever asked about tattooing.

The tattoo artist will have all the inks in sterile pots in front of you.He will then dip the needle into the pot once lifted it will buzz this draws the ink into the tube and coat the needle.

When it is time to change colour the artist will dip the needle into water and rinse well this cleans the ink off the needle.

Some artists (not all) use separate machines if doing a large patch of colour and swap them as they are using them.

Eitherway the ink will not run or get mixed as long as you go to a pro.

Take Care
    Matthew

S.Neill
    Participant
    @s-neill

That was a simple answer…and correct for the most part. I use water to clean my needles when switching colors…some of the time. It depends on what I am doing. One of the things you have to understand about tattooing is that it is an ART. Just like painting in a way. The best tattooists don’t just color like a paint by numbers set. they mix and blend color to get proper shade variation and depth. Say, if i’m working in light blue. I might draw up the light blue, then dip into dark blue, thus mixing the inks to get darker variations.

Its not a simple yes or no answer.

This is the thing. You are the tattooee. You go to the tattooist to get your work. You go there because you can’t do it yourself. You get damn serious about the artist you choose, then you take your artwork in there, pay his price and sit down and shut up. You don’t tell the tattooist how to do his job, you pay him to do it and trust that he will do it right.

How do you have that trust? Look at his work, look at his shop, check out his attitude.

I have a 2000 Harley Davidson Dyna Wide Glide. I only use one mechanic. Why? Because I trust him. I don’t tell him how to fix or adjust my motorcycle because I don’t know anything about fixing or adjusting motorcycles. When he gets work done from me, he doesn’t tell me how to do my job either.

Every artist has a different way of doing things. Look at his work, then trust him to do it right.

S.Neill
    Participant
    @s-neill
    Baarz;46870 wrote:

Went to check out your albums to see what YOU have. Hmmm. No albums. Nothing. Seems if you join a tattoo forum, you should have something to show…right? Especially if you are going to call someone else an idiot for asking a simple question.

You must be a great artist, with lots of tattoo experience.

I noticed you didn’t comment other than to insult someone.

I wonder….Maybe you are just upset because he asked a question you were afraid to ask?

girpigg1e
    Participant
    @girpigg1e

Thanks for the replies!

Like i said, just a random curiosity question. Its not a matter of trust because i believe that if a person is able to establish a reputable business tattooing than they obviously must be doing something right.

thanks again.

LiamGTR
    Participant
    @liamgtr
    S.Neill;46893 wrote:
    Went to check out your albums to see what YOU have. Hmmm. No albums. Nothing. Seems if you join a tattoo forum, you should have something to show…right?

Wrong. Althought I agree with the rest of your post and your post before I don’t agree with having something to show because he has joined a tattoo forum.

I only joined recently but have nothing to show, I came here for advice for my 1st tattoo.

Liam:D

coolbreeze
    Participant
    @coolbreeze
    LiamGTR;46919 wrote:
    Wrong. Althought I agree with the rest of your post and your post before I don’t agree with having something to show because he has joined a tattoo forum.

I only joined recently but have nothing to show, I came here for advice for my 1st tattoo.

Liam:D

i dont think he was aiming that at yourself but at the member who did the insult in the first place it was a good question for someone whos new to ink and a simple one to answer but only because that person had asked that same question at some point in their inking career/ hobby

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw
    Baarz;46870 wrote:

to answer in such a manner makes you the idiot……

this member has asked a reasonable question, and even had the balls to ask it out loud….. if you are going to answer to people then please make it constructive and explain why you think they are idiots and explain how the process would be done…

its easy to sit behind a monitor and keyboard then type silly remarks, but it is just as easy for moderators to place a temporarry ban on your account for being rude … hopefully thats the first and last time i will need to remark on your comments Baarz !!

outlaw

S.Neill
    Participant
    @s-neill

HA! And then there’s THAT.

Ahhh…and… who was it that took offense…is that the right word?…to me comment on the lack of photos?
    I guess for me its like this. This is a tattooing and body piercing site. There are people who come to the site and they have neither, but are interested in getting one or both.

That’s okay. I understand that. I don’t expect them to have much to share. But somewhere along the line they should. Then comes the posts. People ask questions. Some of those questions are not allowed here, and they are informed of that. The rest deserve an answer. But you have people who would rather simply insult someone; In which case I’m curious as to what gives them the right. So I check on them, but you go to their profile and there is nothing at all. Now there is another member who voiced an opinion I disagreed with and he did so in what I took to be a rather rude way. I checked out his profile too. Guess what? The stuff there was awesome.

Does that give him a right to be an ass? Not really, but eventually all of us are, myself included. But at least he had something to back up his opinion with, so you know how I responded to him?

I didn’t.

Then there’s this person.

I responded here. End of story. If you have nothing to back up your opinion…even if all it is is awesome artwork, then keep the rude crap to yourself.

coolbreeze
    Participant
    @coolbreeze
    S.Neill;47107 wrote:
    HA! And then there’s THAT.

Ahhh…and… who was it that took offense…is that the right word?…to me comment on the lack of photos?
    I guess for me its like this. This is a tattooing and body piercing site. There are people who come to the site and they have neither, but are interested in getting one or both.

That’s okay. I understand that. I don’t expect them to have much to share. But somewhere along the line they should. Then comes the posts. People ask questions. Some of those questions are not allowed here, and they are informed of that. The rest deserve an answer. But you have people who would rather simply insult someone; In which case I’m curious as to what gives them the right. So I check on them, but you go to their profile and there is nothing at all. Now there is another member who voiced an opinion I disagreed with and he did so in what I took to be a rather rude way. I checked out his profile too. Guess what? The stuff there was awesome.

Does that give him a right to be an ass? Not really, but eventually all of us are, myself included. But at least he had something to back up his opinion with, so you know how I responded to him?

I didn’t.

Then there’s this person.

I responded here. End of story. If you have nothing to back up your opinion…even if all it is is awesome artwork, then keep the rude crap to yourself.

i tottally agree, people who have nothing nice to say shouldnt say anything especially if they dont know the person their abusing by calling them thick.i dont have pics up yet as i dont have the means yet but they will be going on when i have (thats if this bloody silverskin goes away) i only have a few but will get more funds allowing (and maybe a practice peice for my nephew whos an apprentice artist but only when i think hes ready and his mentor agrees) what ive seen on this forum so far is that apart from people like him everyone is good humored and helpful and i like it keep guys like him away and the forum will only grow

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.