juliadiane
    Participant
    @juliadiane

Hi! I am 18 and I have never had a tattoo before, so forgive me if anything I say or ask is totally clueless. But I really, really, really want to have a small tattoo done on the back of my neck, by my hairline (I have really long hair so it could be easily covered up if I wanted it to be). I want to have a paisley design done in brown ink. Does anyone have any experience with this or advice for me? I have tried googling brown-ink tattoos but I haven’t found much information on them. The paisley that I like is the top right one on this page , or possibly the third one in the second row from the top. http://raunharman.co.in/fashion_jewelry_store/images/paisley_tattoos.jpg . I would like it to end up about the size of a quarter.

If you have any questions for me or advice you can post it here or email it to me, any input would be awesome and very appreciated!

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

Brown ink is possible but to be honest it does not always hold colour well as usually has to be 2 pigments mixed to form it.

Can I ask why not go for black ink?

It is possible but you can run risk of it looking orange in years to come.

Take Care
    Matthew

juliadiane
    Participant
    @juliadiane

Matthew, thanks for responding! Honestly I just prefer the look of brown ink because I find it more feminine and I have pretty fair skin, so I think the black may look too intense on my skin. Do you know of anywhere I could see pictures of the way brown tats have faded? And I don’t think I would mind if it faded more reddish, but I guess I’m not really sure, I would have to see examples I guess.

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

I was actually thinking of having a tiny brown star that would look like a birth mark but because im olive skinned my tattooist told me it would only look good for a dew weeks 🙁

juliadiane
    Participant
    @juliadiane

oh man, that sounds like an awesome idea. but yeah it seems like there are a lot of issues with the brown ink. I wonder if there is anyone on here who has had a good experience with it?

sebtattoo
    Participant
    @sebtattoo

Hi!
    Brown is not a good idea!! in the time it come orange…it’s not very orange, but it’s old brown/orange and with the sun….badly…it’s difficult to say that in english…:D…I back to school:D:D

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.