jayy
    @

Hello I live in australia, brisbane. I’m looking to get a tattoo on my back , it will be my 1st tattoo so I dont know how much money to expect , i want a rough estimate of savings before I go to get one.

Here’s a picture I found off google of something along the lines i’m after. patriotic-tattoo-04.jpg

Now I basically want that australian out line to cover my entire back with writing in old english that says “Love it, or Leave it” going through the middle of the outline.

Few people have told me I’m looking at a couple of hundred? like 500-600 hundred.. but It’s really just the out line which isn’t all that thick of ink and there’s no colouring which should drop the price quite a bit ? I think the most expensive part will be the writing ?

Thank you for any help, Jay.

midjam
    Participant
    @midjam

Maybe a bit less but make sure you find a tattoo artist that has a good track history, it may cost you more but if your having your whole back done you dont want to skrimp on funds!!!

Joker1
    Participant
    @joker1

You’d want the lines to be fairly thick, if you want it covering your whole back. Most artists charge by the hour, not the colour of ink used. I’m an Aussie too, and most artists in my area charge roughly $110 an hour.

So, if you wanted your whole back covered with that design, and have the lines say 5-10mm thick, with bold letters, you’d be looking at a fair few hours work. The outline might take a few hours, but the black fill will burn a hole in your wallet. If you’re 100% keen on this tattoo, start saving, ‘cos you’d most likely be spending more than you first anticipated.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.