Gorillas Pupil
    Participant
    @gorillas-pupil

Hey all, I’m new. I’ll stick something up in the intro folder but I have a few questions; hopefully someone will be able to help me out.

I’m looking into getting my first tat and I’m having some issues when it comes to size and detail. I came across this beautiful pic that would make a great tat, except that it contains a lot of details. Considering I’d likely get it on the outside of my calf, its probably way too much detail and so wouldn’t work (I want something that’s going to look good 10+ years down the road, not turn into a blob as time goes on). I don’t want it to take up my entire back so I can’t really think of any other option other than to ditch the idea.

So my question is, given the possible location of a calf, how much detail is possible for the tat to not mesh togther as time goes on? I’m thinking animals, like zebra strips or cheetah spots. The original pic is the African continent with about a dozen different animals in it. It would look great if I didn’t have to worry about things morphing. Any suggestions as to how I may be able to get something like this to work? Or are there any ideas as to where I might be able to get something with this level of detail if not my back? Is it a lost cause and I need to look at some other design?

Any insight would be great, thanks!

hoani
    Participant
    @hoani

Hey there, the kind of tat2 you’re suggesting in my mind doe’s require space in order to do justice to the piece, if you are dead keen on the tat why not utilise the whole leg from thigh to ankle and the scene is natural selection the largest land migration in the world and as long as the artist defines the difference to each species by excellent lining morphing is just a cleche. good luck Hoani

MMilani
    Participant
    @mmilani

Hi Gorilla

I think the back is pretty much your only alternative, as far as a nice looking piece. As the previous poster said on your whole leg but the concept might have to be changed to form to the shape of your leg. How do you want it to look? Do you want it to look like a map outline everything with the pictures of the animals (2D) or are you looking for something more of a 3D look. If looking for map like definatley would have to be your back or chest to do it justice. If your looking for more of a some what 3D look whole leg would work.

The best advice i can give though would be to always discuss things of this nature with a talented experienced artist, and don’t rush into anything your not sure about.

Cheers
    Marcus

Gorillas Pupil
    Participant
    @gorillas-pupil

Thanks for the input. The problem, however, is that I don’t want a big tat. That’s why my back, or even my entire leg, wouldn’t really work. I was hoping for something small-mediumish, and I’m not a big person to start with. The one I want would be 3D, but it just doesn’t look like there’s any way to make it happen and I find that depressing. I’m trying to think of ways I might be able to make adjustments to the design or at least keep the basic concept, but no ideas so far.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.