alfie15
    Participant
    @alfie15

Hi all,

I have suffered from back acne for most of my adult life and this shows from several scars /marks etc and still flares up from time to time, I am 34 yrs old,

I have been very concious of this and never get my back out in public even though my wife says its not that bad (she’s bias !!).

I love tattoos and would love a big back tat, reason 1 cause i like them and 2. it might cover my scars /marks etc and give me more confidence to actually take my top of on the beach/ swimming pools etc.

What are your thoughts , any tattoo artists come across this before ,is it a no no .

any advice would be much appreciated.
    regards alfie.

wak
    Participant
    @wak

Are you still suffering from the condition? If you get a large and expensive tattoo will you risk further scaring that may distort the tattoo under the skin?

If not, were you thinking of a large design that ‘covered’ up a lot of the skin? or something that was more spread out that just covered the scars… such a a cool constellation of stars or something.

alfie15
    Participant
    @alfie15

hi, iwas thinking of a large piece covering a big area, i do still suffer , not as bad as it used to be but stil get spots here and there, i guess i would have to be brave and just go and show an artist to see what they think, thanks for reply, any other advice ?

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi Alfie

Most surface scarsb can be covered but it really depends on the depth and damage you are talking about.
    If it is very deep you are likely to have problems as the ink will struggle to take in the damaged areas of skin.

If it is surface you should not have a problem but may need to use darker/bolder colours.

As much as I love tattooing I would ask you to reconsider a full backpiece if this is the only reason you want one.

This is because the scarring is likley much worse in your mind than it is in reality – I am covered in scars and frankly they do not bother me I just come to realise that ppl are nosey gits and just stare no matter what i do – they stare at my ink, my size, and the fact I have a mouthful of gold teeth.

Also if you still have flare ups this will make the area to be tattooed almost impossible whilst the skin is inflamed.

Have you considered using a sunlamp and a short course of isotretinoin this will clear your skin and then you will be able to decide if you want the backpiece.

If you still want a backpiece please post up what style and likes and dislikes you have and will be more than happy to help.

Take Care
    Matthew

alfie15
    Participant
    @alfie15

hi matthew, thanks alot for reply, i would n’t say that the scars are deep more like red marks /disclouration etc, if i go out in the sun a few times then my back clears up quite often , and looks not to bad ,
    So if i decided to go ahead i would do as you advise a get it to the best state i could by sun beds , treatment etc,
    It is not the only reason i want it , i do really like tattoos , i only have onq on my arm at the moment but always intended to have more, it just seems like killing two birds with one stone,

i quite fancy having a tiger on one side and dragon on the other in a tribal types design in bold darks inks, with plenty of coverage,

A quick question, if i were to get spots under the tattoo would it ruin it ?

Thanks again alfie

Kri
    Participant
    @kri

Have you considered first getting treatment to remove your scars? Any tattoo will look better on an area that is clean & healthy…

prcdpnthr
    Participant
    @prcdpnthr

Hi I do have some problems with pimples on my shoulders (Chlorine allergies/swimming pools). I have a tribal on one and have gotten bumps since the tattoo was done. In the beginning, it seemed like the ink was coming out with the yucky stuff, it doesn’t anymore though. I do have holidays in the tat now, and can see some small scars from the bumps. The tat was never a good quality to begin with though (not done by pro and they scarred me pretty bad doing the tat – ALWAYS GO TO PRO!). The sun is supposed to help clear acne, but it fades a tat, so if you are going to invest in a professional quality tat, might be a good idea to see a dermatologist to help prevent further breakouts too? I wish you luck, and I agree, back pieces are definitely cool.

tattooman911
    @

I have tattoos you’re looking for here !
    Browse the selection of tattoos! You’ll be sure to find one you’ll like!
    If you want one, be sure to make a purchase and your tattoo can be printed instantly!
    We have had A LOT of satisified customers! 😀
    Any questions, just ask!!

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

God I hate spam adverts!

WTF has this to do with the o/p?

I can just picture this (not that I intned to it is just an extreme example)- I put a msg on the forum saying I have had enough and intend to shoot myself.

I get a reply that states I have the tattoo for you!

So this site actually does flash sheets of suicide notes? or Instructions on how to shoot yourself? (lmao)

Maybe I could purchase one and get it tattooed on my chest – that way no chance of it been missed.

Matthew

Talistar
    Participant
    @talistar

You make a good point, but since you are correct that this is spam, you can simply report it ti the forum managers…

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi Talistar

You are indeed correct but then it wouldn’t allow me a semi-comical rant.
    Sometimes you just have to let it out.

😀

Take care
    Matthew

Skin Carver
    @

as long as u dont have super serious scars u should be fine but scar tissue is very difficult to tattoo over but it can be done

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.