sibel
    @

Could anybody tell me what my tattoo means? Pleasefile:///C:/Users/shamsi/Desktop/Image0033.jpg

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

your photo has not worked .

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk

Well, if it’s the same one as in your album, it means “Hi! I’m another white kid who got asian lettering on me I don’t understand because I’m so damn cool and original! That’s what’s great about asian letter tattoos! You can be an original without putting any damn thought into it at all! Isn’t that totally rad, man?!”

Roughly speaking anyway. No language translates word for word into another, it’s all just trying to match relative meanings….but I think I came pretty close there. My asianese *is* kindy rusty though.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

teh_universe
    Participant
    @teh_universe

I think it’s Chinese, but right now, I really don’t care. I’m so sick of seeing people with Asain tattoos which they have NO FREAKING CLUE what they mean. Good day.

Tecratt
    Participant
    @tecratt

Wow that could say, “I suck big floppy donkey dongs” and you don’t even know it.

Just sayin’

What kind of good shit were you on when you let someone tattoo words on you without having a clue what it means?

I personally think that all of the chinese lettering flash is drawn by little chinese dudes with a twisted sense of humor, and spend all their non chinese letter flash drawing time looking on the internet for people with chinese letter tattoos that mean crazy things like dumbass, fart knocker, and jizzsickle instead of “hope”, “inspiration”, or “integrity.”

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

I have sent a copy of the picture to a friend who is fluent in Chinese and asked him to see if he can translate it and will PM you back.

I think ppl are being too harsh on this thread- she is prob feeling bad enough without ppl ripping the piss.

I don’t have a lot of love for;

Tribal tattoos
    Clown tattoos
    Skull tattoos
    Cobweb tattoos
    Spider tattoos
    Praying hands

To say that I have seen a ‘few’ of these would be an understatement.

I don’t bang on about it because it is personal taste, and it don’t hurt me to know other ppl have them. I also try and consider the quality of the ink and artwork.

As it happens hers is nicely lined out – even if it don’t make any sense it is still decorative and no different to tribal.

Ppl can and will fuck up their ink – I had to get the eyes of my Lion redone as I didn’t like it so I add myself into that group.

Try and be a bit more humane please – there is a person on the end of this request wanting help.

Take care
    Matthew

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

see why matthew is good for the site !!

I still cant see the tattoo, so sorry cant help

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk
    Sherav;39117 wrote:
    Hi
    I don’t have a lot of love for;

Tribal tattoos
    Clown tattoos
    Skull tattoos
    Cobweb tattoos
    Spider tattoos
    Praying hands

Oh of curiosity, does that include my sister’s coochie spider, the one I’ve mentioned that’s crawling up into her vagina?

I’m not going to ask about my skull tattoos–I might get an answer.

For the record though, I kinda feel bad for ripping on chinese letter girl now. If I had known I was going to start a mean spirited dog pile, I’d a kept my mouth shut.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

sublimeph03nix
    Participant
    @sublimeph03nix

I agree with Matthew that the should far less anger coming from this thread.

That being said, it is irritating, as someone who is in college and sees a lot of friends do the same, to see someone get a tattoo in some kind of asian script without even being bothered to find out what it means. It shows little self control not to write down the symbol and wait a few days while you find out the meaning before getting a permanent version on your body.

Now obviously, not everyone has the same tastes or needs deep and profound meaning behind their ink, but at least the knowledge of what it says should be commonplace.

Just keep that in mind Sibel, if you are to get anymore.

Take from this post what you will.

-Cam
    ๐Ÿ™‚

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

I have some good news and some semi-bad news on your tattoo.

Good news is I got it translated for you no problem.

The top character = Love

The second character = Tiger

The bottom character = Danger

The semi-bad news;

The tiger character is spelled wrongly it has an extra stroke apparently but is still recognisable as to the meaning.

Also in English we would read each one separately in Chinese left to right or up to down forms sentences so it does not flow as a setence in Chinese.

However as it is an iconic/symbolistic tattoo and not a phrase I wouldn’t worry.

Still a nice piece but do research your ink beforehand.

Take Care
    Matthew

ps

I am not the posting police ppl, can post what they want – I felt irritable about it because whilst it was stupid to get something inked without checking – it is way too easy to rip on another’s mistake.

At the same time I was looking back at the start of my research and remember (not on this site mind) the shit n piss taking for asking basic questions.

I am just a grouchy bastard ๐Ÿ™‚

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

well im one of the thread police LMAO, things did get a little harsh, and if you saw one of my earlier threads, im doing a kanji tomorrow that means maggot!!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.