DANtheDINOSAUR
    Participant
    @danthedinosaur

Right now I have a Polish Eagle up on my left arm. It was my first tattoo and being my first I thought I’d pay a tribute to my blood. I’ve been pondering over the option of turning it into a half sleeve often and it would be my first sleeve. I have ideas of pieces to add to the sleeve, but I don’t have the skill to throw my ideas down onto paper, let alone think of a way to let it flow like usual sleeves.

Is it common to present your artist with the ideas you’d like incorporated to the sleeve and just let them go all out and design it and give it the flow and placement? I know I will have my say in the over all location of each piece, it;s just that I would have no clue how to have everything come together to form a single entity.

Marcus M6
    Participant
    @marcus-m6

That is exactly what you should do tattoo artists are your best friend, they will come up with things you have never thought possible. My drawing skills are great and I’d still rather go to my artist with whatever is on my mind.

DANtheDINOSAUR
    Participant
    @danthedinosaur

Thanks, I’m new with tats and my friends aren’t that into them, so I’m sort of learning on my own here, so everyone here should be aware that I’ll be askin some pretty noob questions now and again

cheers

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

talking to your tattoo artist is the best bet , they are doing this all the time and will easily come up with something to fill the gaps ..

got a pic of the polish eagle ??

DANtheDINOSAUR
    Participant
    @danthedinosaur

wow sorry for the delay, here’s a pic of my eagle.
    Photo8.jpg

so far, pieces I plan to add will be:
    -Text: Do Broni (“To Arms” in Polish)
    -WWII Fragment grenade, still decisive on in tact or in explosion (Grandfather was injured from grenade fragments during the war)
    -Classic ship design (Great Grandfather was in the Navy)
    or
    -Polska Walscy (again for my Great grandfathers naval history)
    or
    -Traditional Naval Compass
    -Feather piercing into the vein of my forearm, half red on the bottom similar to the polish flag (curious on how it would look if it resembled a syringe drawing blood)
    -Thinking of a bicycle sprocket behind the eagle (My dad and I may not share alot in common at heart, but we both love cycling. from my involvement in BMX and my motorcycle, to my dads touring cycle and his past with a harley.) Though common sprockets would be a b&w piece it probably wouldn’t work behind the b&w eagle.

still doing a bit of research but my great grandfather was pretty famous in his company’s softball team, and donned the name “Gypsy”. So right now is an idea of “Gyspy” stitched with similar detail to a baseball/softball’s stitchiing.

DANtheDINOSAUR
    Participant
    @danthedinosaur

I’ve been thinking by myself on how it could all be portrayed into a sleeve and kind of got inspired by an image of a piece (below). I like how the border around the shoulder piece goes down and everything starts to weave over and under down the arm. each strip would contain patterns within them likewise in the picture, more suitable themes though, except for a few though (though I do like the one that encircles the upper arm symbol and starts the design, or at least the concept of it wrapping then starting the weave design), like if I were to do the classic ship it would be within a strip on water and the strip would resemble a panoramic, ship on an end, as it progresses you’ll see a sunset on the same horizon, and further down maybe classic nautical symbols you’d see on Norse sea maps depicting sea monsters of the regions…

Now that I think of it, the design of a sea map bearing Norse sea monsters makes a pretty good idea in itself.

im just running on and on, Im sorry if I’m losing people

tattooideaforleft.jpg

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.