Ben.H
    Participant
    @ben-h

Hi guys,

I’m currently planning a half sleeve, i have wanted one for years now despite being only 19 and i’ve always known exactly what i want in it. I just need to know from some of you experts if it all fits in.

First off the story is that me, my mum and sister have all been through some real hard times in the past years and we’re finally managing to sort things out and i’ve always been the one to protect them, so i wanted to get a tattoo to represent that.

The mental image i have of the half sleeve goes like this:

Firstly i want a lotus flower on my shoulder to represent rising from difficulties. I then want a dragon to wrap around my arm with 3 Chinese symbols down the inside of my bicep ‘Mother’ ‘Younger Sister’ and ‘Forever in my heart’, the dragon will symbolize my protection over them. I will then get it all joined together so it flows with something such as smoke/water or whatever you guys suggest.

How does it sound to you guys? Any tips/advice welcome ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks

Ben

Kiri
    Participant
    @kiri

That sounds like a very nice half sleeve you have planned. Im actually getting a lotus quarter sleeve sometime soon! The fact that it has so much meaning, and is also a traditional tattoo makes one hell of a grand thing. Have you thought about what style you want it in? I reccomend looking into Lanes work from http://www.adambombgallerie.com, I feel in love his his bold style.

Ben.H
    Participant
    @ben-h

I would like to keep it fairly traditional looking, and in black and white.

I need to get down to a tattoo artist/designer and ask them to draw me up something as i know exactly what i want in my mind, i just need someone to be able to put it onto paper for me.

And thanks, i will have a look on the link you posted ๐Ÿ™‚

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

Sounds a great sleeve idea.

I would just suggest a couple of things;

If you get a Japanese dragon I would go for Japanese characters rather than Chinese, and Chinese characters with a Chinese dragon.

Also do not just choose the characters straight off the wall. I have several friends who are fluent in Chinese and Japanese and when they visted a few studios with me they told me that the characters were actually incorrect.

Best to get the characters researched before you apply.

As a filler you could go with the elements of earth (flowers) wind (clouds) water and fire as a background that joins the sleeve up.

Just tossing ideas around on that.

Good luck with the tattoo and can’t wait to see it when done.

Matthew

Ben.H
    Participant
    @ben-h
    Sherav;34297 wrote:
    Hi

Sounds a great sleeve idea.

I would just suggest a couple of things;

If you get a Japanese dragon I would go for Japanese characters rather than Chinese, and Chinese characters with a Chinese dragon.

Also do not just choose the characters straight off the wall. I have several friends who are fluent in Chinese and Japanese and when they visted a few studios with me they told me that the characters were actually incorrect.

Best to get the characters researched before you apply.

As a filler you could go with the elements of earth (flowers) wind (clouds) water and fire as a background that joins the sleeve up.

Just tossing ideas around on that.

Good luck with the tattoo and can’t wait to see it when done.

Matthew

Thanks for your suggestions, i had thought of those as good fillers too.

I have researched a little on chinese and Japenese characters and i’m pretty sure i have the correct ones, to match with the chinese dragon, i’ll have to double check that though.

I’ll be sure to get pictures up when it’s started ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.