Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

ummm all i said was it was a stupid IDEA….didnt say you were stupid, but i’ll still stick to it.

n1k0l1
    Participant
    @n1k0l1

I have the word Hate on my right wrist, love on my left. I love both of them and im glad I got them – even though I was 17 at the time – im now 24 and havnt regretted a day – and never will. If it means something to you – than theres no reason to not get it.

I’m not going to explain my beliefs in this thread but only GOD can judge you. I work in a corporate office and on dress down days I sometimes wear short sleeve shirts. As long as your not a tool – people SHOULD respect you for who you are at work – not what you do in your personal life. Image does mean alot in the business world but when it comes down to ink ideas – you only live once – make sure you think about what actions you make when you are young – some day they might change.

2c

Azure
    Participant
    @azure
    n1k0l1;34629 wrote:
    I have the word Hate on my right wrist, love on my left. I love both of them and im glad I got them – even though I was 17 at the time – im now 24 and havnt regretted a day – and never will. If it means something to you – than theres no reason to not get it.

I’m not going to explain my beliefs in this thread but only GOD can judge you. I work in a corporate office and on dress down days I sometimes wear short sleeve shirts. As long as your not a tool – people SHOULD respect you for who you are at work – not what you do in your personal life. Image does mean alot in the business world but when it comes down to ink ideas – you only live once – make sure you think about what actions you make when you are young – some day they might change.

2c

n1k0l1 – there is a big difference between ‘hate’ and ‘fuck’. Of course people SHOULD respect you for who you are, but sadly they usually don’t, particularly in the work environment. Perhaps you happen to have a liberal employer, who might even be okay with it if you had the word fuck inked onto you, but any realistic person can see that this will not be the case for many, and that it would restrict you a great deal. It’s all very well and good to say you only live once, very true and this is why I have tattoos at all despite the whole ‘they’ll look shit when you’re old and wrinkly’ thing. But that’s easy to say if you don’t have a family to feed and bills to pay. If you have an ounce of intelligence (do you?) you’ll be able to realise that having an expletive visibly inked onto you will put a lot of employers off taking you, especially in the current climate where it’s damned difficult to get a job at all. And maybe you put your freedom before your responsibilities in life, but I look at the people I am responsible for and have to take care of, and personally I would sacrifice a few of my own personal desires if it meant giving them a better chance of having a comfortable upbringing. Fortunately, it sounds like the girl who asked this question has already realised that.

LOW_EH
    Participant
    @low_eh
    loopy;34330 wrote:
    I am actually offended by the majority of these comments
    Calling me dumb and stupid is completelly disrespectful. i understand everyone is entitled to their own opinion but there is a fine line between an opinion and total disregard.
    i am 100% serious about this tattoo. I dont have any tattoos or a great deal of knowledge about tattooing, which is why i wanted advice. I genuinely thought i would be taken seriously.
    i am aware this is cyber space and that you can be disrespectfull to anyone who you want and get away with it, take that attitude to the real world and you would not be able to get away with it.
    To snub and patronize somebody like that is cowardly.

dude your offended by a bunch of people on the internet wait tell you get that shit and go out in the real world and just wait and see what there response is, dont worry if i saw you on the street and talked to you i would tell you the same thing then, its just a bad idea all together.

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk

Before you totally write the wrist tattoo off, I just want to toss my 3 cents in here.

First off, I work in the corporate offices of Macy’s. If you want hyper-conservatism, then look no further. But, on the other hand, I’m also very significantly tattooed. Even wearing long sleeves (which I pretty much never do), there is no hiding my ink, or my piercings, and let me tell you, it’s never interfered in my work, or stopped me from getting a good job.

As they become more common, and as more and more of the potential labor force becomes pierced and inked, office jobs are becoming more and more accepting of the less extreme forms of body modifications. Hell, a new hire in my office has the single largest gauges I’ve ever seen in my life (I’m not totally sure how those big ole things don’t rip his lobes off).

Yes, ink and piercings can, CAN, make it harder to get a good job, but the days of when they were the kiss of death are long in the past. Let’s face it, getting a tattoo doesn’t make you a rebel or an outlaw these days, anymore than being a goth, emo, or a punk rocker does. It’s just a stylistic choice (functionally speaking anyway).

Second, I don’t see anything wrong with getting fuck tattooed on you. No one can tell you what to get inked on you, and if they do, they are, quite frankly, asshats. I have a tattoo that reads “I feel pretty”. Everyone advised me against it because I could be mistaken for homosexual and get beaten, I won’t think it’s quite as funny when I’m 20 (25 now), and a host of other reasons. And I ignored them, because the design was solid, and it’s funny for a 300 pound man to have it.

Tattooing is deeply personal, and if you feel that strongly about it, go for it.

Third and lastly….

Did you ever think about getting it on your LEFT wrist? Dude, seriously, you ca cover that fucker with a watch! I can’t believe no one else here thought of that!

On second thought, I lied. One more last thing:

The wrist hurts like a bitch to get inked. On my spine, elbow, and behind the ear, no problem, but that wrist and especially the wrist bone? Ouchies. I mean, I honestly believe that the pain involved is half the point, and without it, I doubt I’d be in art school now so I could work my way to being an artist without it. It’s the price we pay to get into the club, but shit, the wrist is so seriously pushing it. Have fun!

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

i just stumbled on this one as i aint been around for a couple of days,…… it looks like i missed the fun again lol…

yes i agree that a tattoo is a personal thing and you should get what you want where you want as its these wonderful pieces of ink that makes us all individuals.

personally i would advise against getting it done, if it means so much to you that you still want it, then why not relocate the positioning of it so that it aint in public viewing area ???

and last of all, i would act like most tattooist would …… “I would have a small chuckle and ask if you were being serious, and then i would just refuse to do it…point blank”

PiercedPrincess
    Participant
    @piercedprincess

Personally i dont think i would even think about getting a word like that tattoo’d on myself.

but its up to personal preference i guess 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.