loopy
    Participant
    @loopy

hey guys
    i have an idea for a tattoo but just wanted some opinions/advice. i want “see who gives a fuck” tattooed on my wrist but am unsure if i want the word fuck on me for the rest of my life. it does have meaning to me but im worried about jobs and if it willl cause offence etc etc. what do u guys think? help would be gratefully appreciated.
    thanks

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

I think its a stupid idea

Azure
    Participant
    @azure

Wow. May I ask how old you are? You must be very young, or just incredibly stupid. That has to be the dumbest idea I’ve heard in a long time. Even if you wear long sleeves, they inevitably slip up once in a while, there’s no way you would be able to hide that forever. If you hid it in a job interview, when your employer inevitably does spot it eventually, that is grounds for being fired. Even in the crappiest of jobs, needless to say you’d already have waved goodbye to a well paying job the moment he puts the needle to you. I once worked in a shitty cafe, and got sent home for the day when i couldn’t wash a doodle off my hand, and that was of a flower. So good luck finding someone to take you with the word ‘fuck’ written on you permanently. And what about when one day, you grow up, and have a family, and your little son or daughter, just having learnt to read, says ‘mummy, what does fuck mean?’, and then goes and tells everybody at school that ‘mummy has fuck on her’.

So yeah, to summarise, I think it’s a brilliant idea!!!

LOW_EH
    Participant
    @low_eh

Definetly dont think its a great idea at all, if i seen that on someone i would probably make fun of them, and tell everyone i know about this douche that i saw. But its your body so………..

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi Loopy

Ok here is the thing if you got ‘See who gives a fuck’ tattooed on your wrist you will be forever in conflict with just about everybody you meet.

The word ‘fuck’ would offend the majority but what may drive ppl to anger or violence is the challenge that it puts forward – you might as well tattoo on your head ‘what are you staring at?’ – it sends out the same msg.

I was in a bar and got in a savage brawl because some ppl took a dislike to my lion of judah and what it represents. Can you imagine how something like that on your wrist would cause reaction.

Don’t do it.

Matthew

Kiri
    Participant
    @kiri

This has to be a joke.

Azure
    Participant
    @azure
    Kiri;34237 wrote:
    This has to be a joke.

You would think! But people actually are this dumb sometimes. Sad! 😮

turbosatan
    Keymaster
    @turbosatan

wow some pretty strong opinions there. but i agree to its not a good idea onany kind of level. yes it will put you in a really crap position for the rest of your life rejobs etc and people will think your stupid because of it.

loopy
    Participant
    @loopy

I am actually offended by the majority of these comments
    Calling me dumb and stupid is completelly disrespectful. i understand everyone is entitled to their own opinion but there is a fine line between an opinion and total disregard.
    i am 100% serious about this tattoo. I dont have any tattoos or a great deal of knowledge about tattooing, which is why i wanted advice. I genuinely thought i would be taken seriously.
    i am aware this is cyber space and that you can be disrespectfull to anyone who you want and get away with it, take that attitude to the real world and you would not be able to get away with it.
    To snub and patronize somebody like that is cowardly.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Loopy

I apologise if you felt that my comments were offensive or patronising they were not meant to be.
    In fact I knew you were serious about your tattoo – which is why I took the time out to give you my opinion. Not to be rude but because actually I do care.

I care because you are putting something permanent on your body which unless you are willing to go through a lot of pain is there until the grave.
    If you have something that people will take offence at or get into conflict with you about – are you prepared for that every day of your life? If you are then do it.

If not why not consider another tattoo?

As for been opinionated on the internet I am actually way more restrained on here than in RL because I realise that strangers will be reading (and judging) what I say.

I hope you take on board what is being said here – as I learned the hard and painful way.

Take Care

Matthew

Azure
    Participant
    @azure
    loopy;34330 wrote:
    i am aware this is cyber space and that you can be disrespectfull to anyone who you want and get away with it, take that attitude to the real world and you would not be able to get away with it.

Sorry, do you know me? I’m honest, and sometimes blunt, about my opinions offline as well as online. My answer would have been exactly the same as if you’d asked me face to face. And contrary to what you think, my ‘attitude’ serves me well it seems – I have a large circle of friends, with whom I have a great mutual respect, and I rarely argue with people.

I was critical in my answer in a hope that it might shock you into changing your mind. It is an extremely stupid idea, and for all I know you’re just the usual stubborn, rebellious teenager that might not have listened if we’d have tiptoed around you and half heartedly explained why you shouldn’t do it. To have come up with such a bad idea in the first place leads me to believe you need some telling! I apologise for offending you, but believe it or not it is in your own best interests.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hmm Azure

I felt you were holding back a little on your feelings…

😀

Ok I am joshing you but respect where you are coming from.

Matthew

Azure
    Participant
    @azure
    Sherav;34335 wrote:
    I felt you were holding back a little on your feelings…

Haha too right 😉

Loopy – something else I think might be helpful for you to understand: I do realise my answer, for one, was rude, no denials there. But believe it or not, I am actually a nice person, but I have the tendency to bite at people I dislike. But how could I dislike you, without even knowing you? Because subconsciously, I already formed a judgement of you in my head. Someone who is so bitter that they would have that expression inked on them for life. (I appreciate you have a reason, but I don’t know that reason and nor will anybody else who sees it). As far as I’m concerned, my two second judgement after meeting you and seeing your tattoo is ‘rebellious chick with an attitude problem’. Sure, I might get to know you and find you’re actually a great person. But a lot of people in life won’t hang around to get to know you. For some, the first judgement is the last judgement. I know that’s wrong, and it sucks, but it’s the way the world works. Here you have encountered the first problem your tattoo has caused, before you’ve even got it. Believe me, if you go ahead, this is a shaving off the tip of the iceberg of problems you’ll meet over your lifetime because of it.

loopy
    Participant
    @loopy

thats fair enough and thanks for your honesty. i can see where your coming from and what you mean about the tattoo. its a lamb of god lyric and i wanted it to remind me to stop worrying and i probably should have mentioned that at the start.
    yes you are correct about it causing offence and it does come across like im a rude arrogant bitch, which i am the opposite of actually. im 20 so im relatively young and like i said dont have a lot of knowledge about tattoos or the reaction you recieve as a person with one.
    i have decided against the tattoo after reading your opinions and thinking about it myself. i will be opting for something else instead.
    i wasnt being funny with my comments before and i didnt mean to judge you but like you said i also formed a judgement without knowing you. human nature i guess. ironic i know!.
    anyway thanks for your honesty its appreciated

Azure
    Participant
    @azure
    loopy;34344 wrote:
    thats fair enough and thanks for your honesty. i can see where your coming from and what you mean about the tattoo. its a lamb of god lyric and i wanted it to remind me to stop worrying and i probably should have mentioned that at the start.
    yes you are correct about it causing offence and it does come across like im a rude arrogant bitch, which i am the opposite of actually. im 20 so im relatively young and like i said dont have a lot of knowledge about tattoos or the reaction you recieve as a person with one.
    i have decided against the tattoo after reading your opinions and thinking about it myself. i will be opting for something else instead.
    i wasnt being funny with my comments before and i didnt mean to judge you but like you said i also formed a judgement without knowing you. human nature i guess. ironic i know!.
    anyway thanks for your honesty its appreciated

It’s fine – as you say, judging is human nature, anybody who claims they don’t are liars! We all have faults, mine is that I can be a patronising bitch first and nice second sometimes lol. I’m only 21 myself and I am far from an expert on tattoos, my first was only a year ago! But my friends are generally older and heavily into their tattoos and body mods and soo many of them did dumb things when they were younger that they ended up getting covered over if they could, and the wrist would be such a difficult place to cover over discreetly if ever you did regret it!
    I understand the sentiment and perhaps you can have a tattoo with the same meaning but put across more subtly. Something that symbolises that song for you, or something else entirely that holds the same meaning? If that lyric is important then there’s nothing from stopping you having it translated into another language (always make sure your sources are reliable!), preferably one that you aren’t likely to encounter many fluent speakers of during your lifetime! Then if somebody asks you of the meaning you have the option of playing it down and leaving out the ‘fuck’!
    Anyway, just a thought! Don’t let this thread stop you from joining the forum properly. Our bark is worse than our bite 😉
    (PS. I’ll just make a bet now that your first won’t be your last – they’re damn addictive!)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.