2003Slobra
    Participant
    @2003slobra

Hello everyone, name is Matt.

I’ve wanted a Tattoo for some time, but never really had the time nor the design that I wanted. I finally have the design I would like, and have narrowed the piece down to two places. I would like it either down my side or on my upper arm for a half sleeve. The piece will be 2 Japanese Koi with other filling work, such as some Lotus and Water.

My dilemma comes from this. I am currently a certified Firefighter looking for a job, and I have heard stories about recruits and tattoo’s. I love the upper arm idea, but I don’t want the artist to have small room to work with for a design that I want a lot of detail in. Because I couldn’t have it coming much past the area where the sleeve for a shirt ends.

This would be my first Tattoo and I’ve always heard stories about the pain related from the Ribs. What does everyone think? I am not so much worried about the pain, but as a first tattoo I don’t know what I am walking into.

-Matt

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

well a good friend of mine quotes “Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional” i wouldnt recommend the ribs as a first timer, the arm is a far better place to start. Make sure you’ve got a reputable artist too. However entirely up to you. As long as you can cover it for work options then i dont see a prob:D

2003Slobra
    Participant
    @2003slobra

Thank you for your reply. I spoke with the Artist and he also said he wouldn’t really do the ribs on someone with no previous tattoo’s. So, I will have my first in the next few days! I am getting excited! ๐Ÿ˜€

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Welcome to the forum.

Nice choice for a first tattoo. I have worked in places of places that have a zero policy to visible ink.
    Just make sure it is above the elbow and you will be fine. Alternatively the leg is always an option but likely you will expand there with time.

It never ends with one! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Good luck

Matthew

Azure
    Participant
    @azure
    2003Slobra;34181 wrote:
    Thank you for your reply. I spoke with the Artist and he also said he wouldn’t really do the ribs on someone with no previous tattoo’s. So, I will have my first in the next few days! I am getting excited! ๐Ÿ˜€

Good luck! What did you decide, to get the koi and lotus design on your arm, or are you going for a quickie first so that he’ll do it on your ribs next time? Hope it goes well either way anyway, the design sounds sweet!

2003Slobra
    Participant
    @2003slobra
    Azure;34272 wrote:
    Good luck! What did you decide, to get the koi and lotus design on your arm, or are you going for a quickie first so that he’ll do it on your ribs next time? Hope it goes well either way anyway, the design sounds sweet!

I went ahead with the Koi on my upper arm and shoulder. Here are the first two pictures from the first session!

http://www.thetattooforum.com/first-tattoo-koi-t10743.html?p=34558#post34558

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.