THE JUICEMAN
    Participant
    @the-juiceman

Hi I got my first tattoo about six months ago. It still has some raised lines to it and some of the color seems a little faded. Will the raised pieces go down? Also I have been to a couple of tatto shops and they have said they could “fix” it. Will they be able to re-do it or cover it up? I am not sure what to do. Any advice would be helpful. Thank you.

scrubmuncher
    Participant
    @scrubmuncher

yes they will beable to go over it and strengthen the faded areas. Raised areas on a tattoo is usually only dehydration, your skin shrinks raising the worked area, or it has been done badly and is simply a scar. In my experience it is usually dehydration and drinking more fluid takes it down.

THE JUICEMAN
    Participant
    @the-juiceman

ok thanks for the reply. i think it is scaring but i dont know wether it came from the tattoo artist or from poor post care by myself. will they be able to make the raised parts look better too by touching it up? thanks

scrubmuncher
    Participant
    @scrubmuncher

No I doubt it. Be aware that you are seeing a very different view of your tattoo (you scrutanise it every day as we all do with new ink), others are not as aware of the abnormalities so don’t worry pal, people will not be seeing what you are.
    They may merge it well, best to have a chat.
    Good luck pal!!

THE JUICEMAN
    Participant
    @the-juiceman

thank you very much.

eighty4
    Participant
    @eighty4

The last tattoo i had done was 3 years ago now and it is still slighly raised, you cant tell just by looking but you can if you run a finger over it. I like it 🙂 It feels nice (in a strainge way) I wouldnt worry about it

Azure
    Participant
    @azure

As for getting it touched up, your own artist should be able to do that for free for you, I know most say that if there’s any cracking or immediate colour loss they’ll touch their own work up for free, I had a tattoo almost a year ago that is quite faded and cracked because I didn’t know how to look after it properly (learnt my lesson since then – bepanthan!), and still not got round to touching up and I thought I’d have probably left it too late to get it done for free but last time I saw my artist he said he’d do it for me, so that’s worth a try, unless you’re uncomfortable with going back to the same place if you think they screwed up.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.