Raynair
    Participant
    @raynair

Hi everyone. I am hoping this is the appropriate area of the forums to post this.

I’ve loved body art my whole life but have never given much art to actually pick up the needle and do it myself. I’m not much of a freestyle artist, but (even though it sounds childish) I’m pretty skilled at creating stencils, shading, and coloring with different forms of medium.

I’ve been thinking of ordering a kit to start practicing on fruit and whatnot. My main concern is that, is there any hope to pick up an apprenticeship and start learning the trade for someone that has no original artistic talent (custom works and portraits).

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

cattatts88
    Participant
    @cattatts88

Yeah, you just have to look around and ask around about it. Some places will be cool about apprenticing, but some places can be dicks. Where are you from? Have you gotten a starter kit yet?

Raynair
    Participant
    @raynair

I’m in the Atlanta, GA area and yes, I have ordered a kit but haven’t received it yet.

scrubmuncher
    Participant
    @scrubmuncher

You have to be somewhat artistic and naturally talented to make a living at it. So many people out there looking for an appr and so many knock backs, so I would say that without natural ability you would struggle. On the other hand you have artists who will offer you an appr and then allow you to sweep up, make coffee and collect parcels for a couple of years in return for watching them at work. You will end up doing this to a massive degree anyway but many will be taken for a ride and then when you complain, ……… out the door…. next, it’s easy for them, huge demand these days and not enough skilled people around for the demand.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.