derek1howe
    Participant
    @derek1howe

Hi i am thinking about getting a tattoo on my inner wrist, i went to talk to a tattooist today about it he started talking to me about getting it done under the crease lines and what blow out was. Can any of you shed some more light on this because i dont really want it to far up my wrist if i can help it. There is a small faint crease line that ideally i would like to go over, how much of a problem would this be? ive uploaded an image of my wrist you cant see the crease lines that well so ive gone over the faint one i would like to tattoo over in black. Ant help would be great because i want it to looke as good as pos!

Image101.jpg

photobucket.com/albums/a327/derek1howe/Image101.jpg

sharp shorty
    Participant
    @sharp-shorty

Del I wouldn’t worry too much about that crease. If you really want it done you should get it done. If an artist takes his/her time it really should not be a problem. A blow out comes from the needle penatrating too deep into the fatty layers under the skin, what the artist is most likely worried about is having to push the needle in a little harder to penatrate the crease, but with the proper stretch, and time taken properly it should turn out alright. You also need to take very good care of it in an area like that, which has excessive movement. You would most likely have to take a few days off of work and baby it in such a tender area. Good Luck!

painless13
    @

My tattoo starts just above that crease. 18 years later and it still looks good. Shouldn’t worry too much about it.

derek1howe
    Participant
    @derek1howe

@sharp shorty 22696 wrote:

Del I wouldn’t worry too much about that crease. If you really want it done you should get it done. If an artist takes his/her time it really should not be a problem. A blow out comes from the needle penatrating too deep into the fatty layers under the skin, what the artist is most likely worried about is having to push the needle in a little harder to penatrate the crease, but with the proper stretch, and time taken properly it should turn out alright. You also need to take very good care of it in an area like that, which has excessive movement. You would most likely have to take a few days off of work and baby it in such a tender area. Good Luck!

thanks for the replys everyone. I only work typing at acomputer so there shudnt be to much excessive movment but i take it a good 3 or 4 days off from the gym would be a good idea after i get it done??? and what do you mean by “the proper stretch” ?

sharp shorty
    Participant
    @sharp-shorty

Yes, you should take some time off from the gym.

The stretch means how tight the skin is pulled while tattooing, the right amount of stretch is key for proper needle penatration.

Good Luck, and post some pics if you can?……..

derek1howe
    Participant
    @derek1howe

thanks for all the advice its been helpful ill get some pics up once its done 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.