Questions
    Participant
    @questions

I have an old (7years) black tattoo that I want covered up. I have been trying to find designs that I like that will incorporate this tattoo but haven’t found anything.:( What I have found are plenty that I love but they are full colour.
    My question..is it possible to tattoo over black ink with other colours?

sharp shorty
    Participant
    @sharp-shorty

It is possable, but it will become saturated with the dark color. What you need to do to have a cover up work is find a design that you can incorperate that muddy color into that area of the new tattoo. This is not easy to do, and many people who perform cover-ups are not qualified to do so,(because of lack of artistic abilities). The same thing goes with scars, if you can some how make it part of the texture of the new piece you will have a very successful cover up.

Questions
    Participant
    @questions

Thanks sharp shorty, guess I’ll have to keep looking till I find something I really like that incorporates what I have. Then take it to my tattoo shop and see what they say. Thanks for replying:)

TargetTattoo
    Participant
    @targettattoo

You can always work it in to a nice tribal design since those are already black and then put color around it.

sharp shorty
    Participant
    @sharp-shorty

Black is actually a really bad cover-up color because any scarring or holidays left behind from the last tattoo will show thru no matter how many times you go over it.

sharp shorty
    Participant
    @sharp-shorty

@Questions! 22631 wrote:

Thanks sharp shorty, guess I’ll have to keep looking till I find something I really like that incorporates what I have. Then take it to my tattoo shop and see what they say. Thanks for replying:)

No problem, I hope you can find something you can work with!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.