Future Sailor
    @

Hi , Im thinking of having a tattoo done on my shoulder, what are the pros and cons of having one.
    Im 38 years old and i have been thinking about it for a while now.
    whats the chances of getting anything nasty ie HIV
    i live in Bolton Lancashire England , do you know any good tattooists

Jenn
    Participant
    @jenn

go for it just make sure you really want one. try out temporary ones to see just how much u like it. u may regret getting one but you may not. as fo u catching anything….the tattoo artist has a higher change then u do!!!!! i have one on my shoulder and it did not hurt badly…i have heard other people say that theirs hurt in other places….

Blossom85
    @

i say go for it. i love tattoos, got one on my back and getting another on my arm at the end of the month, if you know what you want go for it and when your older if you dont want to show it it can always be covered with clothes, id say do it now while you can.

ignore the people who say no, its your body do with it what you want.

i live in manchester and had mine done in aflecks palace in the city centre, was a really nice and and it was clean. the place where im getting my next one is near Oxford Road train station in the city centre, my boyfriend had all his done there, wont go to anywhere else!!

DADDYC
    @

Yea you could get infection but more likely a dose of regret sometime down the line – Don’t Do It!!!

spartan
    @

i don’t know about were your from but in the UK and most other country’s hygiene is a very high concern. all tattooist wear latex gloves and every client will have there own sterilised needle. it hurts but once you get one you will want another.

mandi195
    @

Pros: they’re great!!!
    Cons: closed minded people may judge, but who cares.
    I have 11 and am planning on getting more. Go to a reputible shop, and you will be fine. THey use new needles each time, and the machines are all cleaned after each use. Tattoo shops are regulated by the state, and have to follow safety regulations. Trust me, if you want it, and you pick something that is “you”, you’ll love it for the rest of your life!
    Best of luck.

steve m
    Participant
    @steve-m

Go for it! I was 39 when I had my first one done. There is virtually no chance of infection from a proper, registered tattoo studio and don’t be afraid to check out a potential studio thoroughly. General rule of thumb is that if you choose a place that has a waiting list then they’ll be pretty good – people are literally queueing to get in.

The one I go to is Garghoyle in Elland in near Huddersfield/Halifax – only 30 or 40 minutes from where you are.

Good luck!!

kim
    Participant
    @kim

Pros; Great area, that won’t stretch or get deformed. Looks great on a woman, is readily visible unless you wear sweaters all the time, so you can show of your great peice.

Cons; Employers won’t appreciate it showing all the time, you’ll have to be careful that the suns’ not always on it or it will fade quickly.

Hope you find a good place/tattoo to get.

Jo! =)
    @

I was going to say – you will regret this for the rest of your life – but as you’re 38 its ok. Think carefully about what you want done. A guy might turn out to be a sleeze. Kids will stick by you. A band might break up. Go for a picture instead of words if you’re unsure. Do you really want it to be visiable every time you wear a sleeve less top? If you’re adament you want it done go somewhere professional, you don’t want any diseases from the unsterile needles!
    =)

kirst205
    @

go for it if you really want it! as long as you go to a clean and licenced tattoo studio and make sure you see the needles being changed then you’ll be fine! good luck!

jessica
    Participant
    @jessica

If you go to a clean decent shop which use clean sterilized needles the odds of any infection are super slim… The only con outside of that that I can think of is getting something you regret… so if you are sure on the design and placement and that you truly want it… go for it

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.