Jordan-Crooks
    Participant
    @jordan

Hi,

I recently had a tattoo on my arm on Saturday, having had several previous tattoos (at the same place) this is the first I’ve had an issue with.

I’ve been cleaning and applying Bepanthem to the tattoo, but on hindsight may have used a little too much on the first day than I normally would have; but it’s block colour and was trying to avoid pulling of any scabs/healing. Of recent, it’s become “gooey” and arrears of puss (not so attractive).

I begun to clean the area with antiseptic spray and it seemed to be looking better, so today I applied another small amount of Bepenthem, but again, it’s looking angry and gooey. I’ve purchased some anti-septic gel, and was wondering if I should replace the Bepenthem with this instead to help the healing process/clear any infection?

I’m keeping the tattoo open to the air, and only covering it at night with a non-stick gauze (as where it is located, it’s prone to rubbing whilst sleeping).

Any advice would be appreciated (I have also emailed the parlour for advice).

Thank you 🙂

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Keep it dry and don’t put anything on it.

OrangeSport
    Participant
    @orangesport

What did the tattooist suggest?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.