Ashsaves1005
    Participant
    @ashsaves1005

Here’s the picture of what it looked like the day after it was done so in 3/19:
    http://i62.tinypic.com/15pq0cm.jpg

Here is a picture from today:
    http://i60.tinypic.com/29gd8va.jpg

I use cetaphil antibacterial soap, Lubriderm, and tattoo goo 2 times a day.
    The part that is swelled up has been swollen since the 3rd or 4th day. The crusty stuff in that area never oozed and isn’t really hot to the touch so I don’t think it’s infected? I just don’t know why is healing this way or if it is normal. It doesn’t really hurt anymore, just a little stinging. Every other part of the tattoo seems to be peeling normally. I did have a bit of hair on my arm that was shaved and the hairs are growing back now…my skin is extremely sensitive and sometimes reacts when the hair grows back (bumps, itchy) so I don’t know if that could be contributing to it?

BertNaked
    Participant
    @bertnaked

If the skin around it is red – it’s infected.
    Also, the color on that spot will be more faded than the rest, so I guess you will be needing to freshen it up when its healed.

So you use… antibacterial soap, lubriderm AND tattoo goo? That’s too much caring..

1. Wash it with green soap. (1-2 a day, depending on ooze)
    2. Add a tiny bit of aquaphore
    /repeat

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

Not the first time I’ve heard people get an infection when using tattoo goo..
    It’s infected alright. That yellow stuff is signs of it. Use a non-perfume, non-alcohol soap and a small amount of ointment when needed. Maybe try an anti-bacterial ointment (the kind made for small infections in superficial wounds), or see a doctor if you get a fever etc.

Ashsaves1005
    Participant
    @ashsaves1005

Should I just stick to a lotion then? Will the lotion irritate the infection?
    I’m worried about making it worse.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@Ashsaves1005 139028 wrote:

Should I just stick to a lotion then? Will the lotion irritate the infection?
    I’m worried about making it worse.

No treat it as an infected wound!

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

Why do people use anything other than water lol I only use luke warm water and its works perfectly!

BertNaked
    Participant
    @bertnaked

Sometimes I make my girlfriend suck on it, so it will stay moist.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

@peterpoose 139037 wrote:

Why do people use anything other than water lol I only use luke warm water and its works perfectly!

Maybe because people have different types of skin and heal differently? I tried avoiding any products on one tattoo, and it healed horribly. My tattoos need ointment. As does my skin need lotion every single day during winter or I dry up! And at least with me there is a huge difference between healing black&gray tattoos with mainly shading, or tattoos with heavy coloring or tattoos that have been whip shaded. All kinds of variables to considering when healing tattoos, should be evident by this forum where everyone has a different method they swear by and that works for them.
    Just luke warm water won’t work for everyone. The OP’s tattoo is clearly infected and I doubt just luke warm water is going to fix that.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

@poxphobia 139044 wrote:

Maybe because people have different types of skin and heal differently? I tried avoiding any products on one tattoo, and it healed horribly. My tattoos need ointment. As does my skin need lotion every single day during winter or I dry up! And at least with me there is a huge difference between healing black&gray tattoos with mainly shading, or tattoos with heavy coloring or tattoos that have been whip shaded. All kinds of variables to considering when healing tattoos, should be evident by this forum where everyone has a different method they swear by and that works for them.
    Just luke warm water won’t work for everyone. The OP’s tattoo is clearly infected and I doubt just luke warm water is going to fix that.

I am not talking about ointment, moisturiser, lotions and potions ๐Ÿ™‚

I am talking about the washing part only ๐Ÿ™‚

There is no need to use anything in my opinion, a quick light wash with warm water to get rid of plasma, ink etc and then go for your chosen aftercare ๐Ÿ™‚

Obviously warm water wont help now ๐Ÿ™‚

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

Congratulations! You’ve got a local infection!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.