michaelcao
Participant
@michaelcao

Just got this part of my leg inked, i have been using aquaphor ointment 3 first days, curel lotion after the 3 days, and dial non frag soap daily. havent been having any problems, but this area started oozing. the rest of my leg sleeve never oozed. its now 29 hours since the end of the session.

http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq214/aznboypandaz/20121120_211131.jpg

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

Does it hurt? If so it might be infected. If there is no pain it may not be infected but looks like you will not likely lose color and will need a touch up once fully healed. You might be using way too much aquaphor.

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

I use Aquaphor. I put it on as thin a layer as I can.

(Welcome to the forum by the way)

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

Stop slathering stuff on it. Leave it alone for the first day or two. Just wash once or twice a day.
I dont start the aftercare stuff till it startd to tighten and get scaley on the second or third day.
It needs to breathe.
Id wash it and pat dry and leave it alone for a while. If it gets puffy or very sensitive a thin layer of bicitracin.
The skin naturally lets plasma go the first day.
Good luck.

michaelcao
Participant
@michaelcao

@yodaddynukka 120153 wrote:

Does it hurt? If so it might be infected. If there is no pain it may not be infected but looks like you will not likely lose color and will need a touch up once fully healed. You might be using way too much aquaphor.

it doesnt hurt and yes i think its alot of aquaphor. do you know what i should do next? my foot out of nowhere just gotten swollen..

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

Immediately wash it gently with warm water only. If it is an allergic reaction (hence the swelling)
More and/or different products could further complicate the issue. Pat it dry.
Let it air out. If the situation hasnt improved by morning contact your artist.

michaelcao
Participant
@michaelcao

@yodaddynukka 120153 wrote:

its not hurting. Its just oozing too much. Do you know a way to stop ozzing? or how to care for it when its oozing.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

I meant you will most likely lose color. For the time being you should wash 3x a day with antibacterial soap and keep it as dry as possible to let it scab up and to let those scabs dry up and fall off on its own. At this point I might not even put any aquaphor on it if it were me. Or just a thin layer.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

It look’s like your putting way to much stuff on it, let that dry out and then start the aftercare from scratch once dry, applying a very very thin layer.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

To me it looks like it is a reaction to something. The damage is done stop treating it as a tattoo and start treating it as a wound.

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

Lose the leg 😛

JapaneseInked
Participant
@japaneseinked

The only areas that are oozing, is where there is red ink. So it looks like an allergic reaction to this type of ink. I would follow the suggestions of the people on here.

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

The threads over a month old. I would hope the issue is settled by now.

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

@jerryatrophy 121208 wrote:

The threads over a month old. I would hope the issue is settled by now.

Should we send flowers?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.