Esteban
Participant
@esteban

I just got the background of my half sleeve with a banner and words and some roses but no shading was done, only the line work of everything. My artist who is very experienced and one of the best in the state told me to only use lotion on it and not vitamin a & d. Has anyone every heard this before? It’s a fairly large tattoo but once again it is only the line work with no shading. Should I just use a & d like I have on every tattoo before or use just the lotion?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Do what your artist said it’s his work.
Where is the picture of said tattoo?

Adler
Participant
@adler

I’m not a big fan of A&D and there are many methods of healing a tattoo and using just lotion is one of them. Although me personally I don’t think I’d use lotion on a fresh tattoo but it’s certainly not unheard of.

getinkedtattoos
Participant
@getinkedtattoos

Most likely u were told that because newer collectors. (Clients that have less than say $1,500.00 in work on them can easily get confused and use A&D wrong. A&D being a petroleum based ointment if used incorrectly, ie. over saturation, can begin to work as a drawling salve and pulling on your ink causing less then sought after results. The easiest thing is to wait 24 hours then use a small amount of non-scented lotion for 3 days then let it dry heal. This is my opinion anyway, Every artist has their preferred method but this is most likely why he instructed you to avoid the A&D. Also, being a petroleum based product it can cause break-outs in some people. Hope this helps.

xanderx
Participant
@xanderx
getinkedtattoos;94470 wrote:
Most likely u were told that because newer collectors. (Clients that have less than say $1,500.00 in work on them can easily get confused and use A&D wrong. A&D being a petroleum based ointment if used incorrectly, ie. over saturation, can begin to work as a drawling salve and pulling on your ink causing less then sought after results. The easiest thing is to wait 24 hours then use a small amount of non-scented lotion for 3 days then let it dry heal. This is my opinion anyway, Every artist has their preferred method but this is most likely why he instructed you to avoid the A&D. Also, being a petroleum based product it can cause break-outs in some people. Hope this helps.

i am doing the exact thing getinked said above… mine is healing quite well i think… 4th day now and starting to peel but no scabbing…

getinkedtattoos
Participant
@getinkedtattoos

Nice, seems to work best for most of my clients.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

You say you have some new Ink but you don’t post a picture….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.