anjayenunciates
Participant
@anjayenunciates

I got the tattoo on my left foot fixed three days ago (basically, completely redone), and I start work tomorrow morning. It is on the left side of my left foot, from ankle to the knuckle on my little toe. 75% of the tattoo is placed high enough on my foot to be seen when wearing most flat shoes, but some areas of the tattoo do extend far down enough for almost any shoe shoe to rub the tattooed area.

Since my tattoo is new, I know I am supposed to let it breathe as much as possible. However, I am concerned that if I don’t cover up the areas my shoe will rub, the shoe will obviously rub on the healing skin and cause major scabs/ink loss.

My question is, should I cover the areas my shoe will rub? Is there anything you would suggest that would cover those areas while still letting the skin breathe?

Jubakuba
Participant
@jubakuba

Is there any way you can wear flip-flops for a while?

anjayenunciates
Participant
@anjayenunciates
Jubakuba;68278 wrote:
Is there any way you can wear flip-flops for a while?

I wish, but I am working as a victims advocate at the Police Department, so I definitely can’t bend the rules. Plus, the diagonal strap of a flip flop actually crosses right over the center of the tattoo. I tried wearing flip flops the other day because I thought it’d be more comfortable, but, if I had left them on any longer, it would’ve rubbed the hell out of my foot.

Jubakuba
Participant
@jubakuba

I’m not sure about feet, to be honest…
That would bug the unliving hell out of me if I had one, though.
I’m super super super careful with my tattoos…healing or not. My friend thinks its hilarious to rub his fingernail down my back because of this…Bastard. Scratching them bugs the shit out of me.

But I’d probably just get some gauze and wrap it?
Might help a tad.

gnarly
Participant
@gnarly

Do you have socks for your flats?

Something like this would be good, I would imagine http://www.pantyhose-stockings-hosiery.com/gerbe-ballerine-soie-50-short-socks.html

anjayenunciates
Participant
@anjayenunciates
gnarly;68322 wrote:
Do you have socks for your flats?

Something like this would be good, I would imagine http://www.pantyhose-stockings-hosiery.com/gerbe-ballerine-soie-50-short-socks.html

I do have something like that, but I think that since those fit pretty tight, the cut of them (the socks in general) might rub the tattoo the wrong way…like the edges of the socks on the top of the foot. Also, I think the fabric might be too thin.

I’m kind of kicking myself in the face right now for not thinking about this before I started work…

AhshKoshBGosh
Participant
@ahshkoshbgosh

Hey there anjayenunciates… my gal pal got one right on the top of her foot and it went from toe to leg… she went to work the next day with ankle socks and her work shoes which were just black tennis shoes. I was really worried about her tatt not breathing and getting rubbed but her tatt has healed just fine and she is on her feet all day at work.

If you can wear some sort of shoe that allows you to comfortably wear socks with i’d suggest that.

Good luck hun.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.