faven
@

Hey im new here.

I got this problem… or well im not sure if it is a problem but anyway…

I went through an extra long tattoo session on the 29th december, i got 80% of my arm tattood in FULL color.. the only spot thats left is a part of my armpit.

When my artist had finished coloring for 1 hour the area he was working on started swelling and when he moved to another area and was finished with it, it did swell also so by the time he was finished for the night my whoal arm was kinda swollen… he gave me some pills for the swelling and sent me home telling me to leave the wrapping on until morning and than wash/re-wrap it for the next 2 days, putting a little lotion before every wrap.

So now 3 days have passed and the swelling has gone down only a little bit… i still cant use it properly and when i woke up earlier i noticed yellowish (like old bruising) color on half of my armpit and in between some minor coloring areas where he had left out colors…..

My arm doesnt hurt at all, its just really tight and warm (not burning hot).
Im going to go see my artist the second the store opens but id like some opinions from you guys also, thanks!

LotusCordova
Participant
@lotuscordova

Well of course you will be swollen and bruised. I think people kinda of lose focus on what the tattoo machine is actually doing to you, weather you feel pain at the time or not. If you go to the doctor and get a little shot, you most of the time have a bruise the following day, and are tender in that area. Think, or TRY to imagine how many times you were poked, with MULTIPLE needles over the course of those hours.

You are going to bruise, its will be hot….Kinda feel like a fever. But worsly, if you bled alot, you probably will have to sit and do a good bit of touch up on a arm that had that much done in one sitting.

Kinda weird he gave you pills for swelling, I would say. But my advice is, keep it lubed with some unscented lotion, and wrap it in a cling wrap that you use to cover bowls and stuff in the kitchen. Like some Glad wrap. This will hole the moisture in, and keep it from scabbing over much. Especially around the elbow, where you bend alot.

Good luck with it……And post some pictures.

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

1-Introduce yourself in the appropriate section. Plain and simple….

2-Aquaphor by Eucerin…. I love it, live by it-swear by it. It’ll do you a lot better than regular lotion.

3-Swelling/bruising… typical.

4-Post some pictures, AFTER you introduce yourself.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.