ebiegirl
Participant
@ebiegirl

Hey everyone ๐Ÿ™‚

Have a question for you all. I just started work on a new piece yesterday, and I’m super excited about it! I have 2 tattoos already, but both are pretty small and in relatively painless places. This one’s pretty big, and it works itself from my lower back up & across my spine, around my ribs & hip, then ends on my ribs in front just below my breast. We spent about 4.5 hours on the outline yesterday, and needless to say, there were parts that hurt some ๐Ÿ˜‰ Nothing unbearable though. ๐Ÿ˜€

Today I feel pretty good & it looks pretty good, but there’s a spot about 3 inches AWAY from my tattoo that feels like it’s been hit with a hammer. The piece also crosses the back side of my hipbone, and it’s the fleshy spot on the other side of my hipbone that feels bruised and sore… Three inches or so from where any needles touched me! Is this real weird, or has anyone had anything like that? It just seems odd to me that the tat doesn’t hurt at all, but a spot a ways away does… hmmm… Any thoughts or experienced would be appreciated! I’ll post pics tomorrow when I get home. I forgot my camera cord!

THANKS!!

LotusCordova
Participant
@lotuscordova

I know when I got my side worked on…..I felt pain all over!! You get bruised and beat up sitting in the chair for almost 5 hours. But in my case, after a few days, I could see light brusing. So I would say, yea…..Its normal. BUT as with anything, if it worsens or doesnt ease up, see a doctor. I think its just a result of being tattooed in a tender area.

ebiegirl
Participant
@ebiegirl

I hope so… I’m almost wondering if I’m such a wuss that it’s from my artist’s hand being in one spot for a while or something… The tat doesn’t hurt, it’s just this one swollen owie spot about 4 inches away– kinda over where I think my ovaries are… My guess is it’s normal & fine, just my girl parts being bitchy as always, but it seems weird! Lol… Thanks for the advice!

katdiablo
Participant
@katdiablo

Was he resting his palm there as he was inking? Alot of times, they are using your body to brace their hands on while they work and probably are applying more pressure than they know (or you feel at the moment)

ebiegirl
Participant
@ebiegirl

Ya, you know what, I’m remembering that he actually said something like “sorry, I totally forgot about that arm. Gotta be careful with that.” or something, and I had no idea what he meant because I didn’t feel it. Now I think I know! Lol, I think it’s a mixture of that & a sore muscle from tensing– totally figured out now. Thanks for your help you two! ๐Ÿ˜€

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

It is normal your body is pumping endorphins so that you will not feel the pressure of a hand or arm pressing on the flesh until afterwards.

Bruising is somewhat common after a big piece like that – my back looked like I had been beaten with the bruises.

Plenty of ice wraps and a pic would be great I love to see big tattoos as a work in progress. (Just use photoshop or paint if modesty is needed)

Take Care
Matthew

ebiegirl
Participant
@ebiegirl

๐Ÿ™‚ I just posted some crummy cel phone pics to an album, so you can see em. ๐Ÿ™‚

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

Just had a look in your album, looks great so far, nothing like a big rib piece on a nice body ๐Ÿ™‚

ebiegirl
Participant
@ebiegirl

Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚ I really liked the design he came up with. Not as cutesy as what I brought him, but not the same vicious phoenix that a lot of people have either– still a little cute. Going to have a lot of fun adding stuff in on the tail too ๐Ÿ™‚ I feel really good knowing he’s excited about it too…. Guess I’m going to have to plan on never getting fat or pregnant! Lol

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

Not to scare you, but I knew a girl who had Tinkerbell on the side of her stomach, then got pregnant. It wasn’t pretty! I hope you’re going for colour too ๐Ÿ™‚

ebiegirl
Participant
@ebiegirl

Ya, mucho colour! Going to be a bunch more hours on that table. Don’t worry about scaring me– I knew what I was getting into. I also have no plans in the foreseeable future of getting pregnant. I have 20+ kids all day at my job, and it’s nice that they go home ๐Ÿ˜‰ I’ll burn that bridge if I ever get to it.

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

Good to hear, I’m a massive fan of colour. You’ve gained my respect too, I used to work with kids and it drove me nuts!!

ebiegirl
Participant
@ebiegirl

Ya, I teach grades 7, 8, and 9… Tough crowd! Love it though… wouldn’t trade it for the world ๐Ÿ™‚

Blue1
Participant
@blue1

Looking good so far…..kinda has that “Get close to me & I’ll fuck you up” look on its face…LOVIN IT! lol

Can’t wait to see pics as your progress….

ebiegirl
Participant
@ebiegirl

Baha! He says I will eat your wallet, then perhaps that girly little dragonfly, and any mofo who looks at me wrong! Love it ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.