CPK
Participant
@cpk

What soap should i use to clean the tattoo? Ive been using Dove “Unscented,Fragrance Free,hypo-allergenic with 1/4 moisturizing cream” bar soap. Is there a pump soap that is anti-bacterial and fregrence-free with out all the bull sh*t in it? ive heard some people recommend dial anti-bacterial pump soap. looking for some good advice, if anyone know any name brands that are good to use let me know.

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

some people on here use black cat stuff, i just use imperial lather soap.. x

CPK
Participant
@cpk

Thanks Miss_Ivy, im curious if i should use “dial antibacterial soap the stuff in the yellow looking pump bottle”, i just cant seem to find anything with anti-bactirial and fregrence free all in one without all the color n stuff in the soap.

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

Hmmmm not sure, I think youd be ok though because my tattooist says to use savlon on my tats and thats anti bacterial so it cant be damaging for the tat x

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

Doves fine ! i have used it before on a fresh tattoo and no problems

tat2kelly
Participant
@tat2kelly

Dial, the yellow-orange stuff, is fine, just pump a small amount in your hand, lather with some water, then rub gently over the tattoo. Usually you will know if a soap is too strong or has too much perfume or dye in it, if it burns when you clean your tattoo. If this happens, wash it off and stop using it.

CPK
Participant
@cpk

Went to a other local shop and they recommended DIAL anti-bacterial hand soap (orange looking pump bottle) for cleaning and they said the lotion i was using which was lubidurm seem to be irritating and giving the skin a rash/red inflamed look and was clogging some pores, so they said switch to Curel fragrance free moisture lotion and see if that helps it. thanks all for the responses though. -CPK

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.