Ghostband
Participant
@ghostband

I guess I should start by saying I haven’t jumped in and got my first tattoo yet, mostly due to lack of funds for it.
But I have enough spare cash now, and a few idea’s that have stuck with me, and now I’m just tryint to fill in the few blanks before I go get it done.

Now, admitedly, I only ask about Ink Fixx and A&D because I can get them wholesale through a supplier from work.
I know the special brand doesn’t nessicarly make them more effective, but if its good, I figure I may as well sneak them on the next order.
I can get Ink Fixx (lotion and ointment), A&D ointment, and Bacitracin ointment, (but I’ve heard mixed things about it so a little more hesitant.)

So anyone have good/bad experiences with the two? (I’ve heard a lot of people mention A&D but not a lot of buzz around Ink Fixx.) Or recommendations?

I’m also kind of curious if it may be wise to do a test area kind of thing with any new lotion or the lke, before getting the tattoo. Avoid finding out the hardway kind of thing?

KelsandraAnn
Participant
@kelsandraann

Well, I used A&D for the first few days, then switched to Aveeno lotion. It worked for me, and I didn’t have any bad reactions or anything from it.

I haven’t heard of Ink Fixx, and I’ve heard mixed reviews about both A&D and Bacitracin. You’re going to get a lot of mixed answers on here, just because of people’s personal preferences.

So yes, you should definitely do a test area first! Different people react differently to lotions and ointments. It’s best to find out now if it’s safe instead of after your tattoo. People freak out enough during the healing process because it’s a new experience. Don’t want to add any more anxiety, eh? =P

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

I haven’t heard of either, but i’m using Black Cat tattoo aftercare and it’s working a treat ๐Ÿ™‚

Ghostband
Participant
@ghostband
KelsandraAnn;52012 wrote:
So yes, you should definitely do a test area first! Different people react differently to lotions and ointments. It’s best to find out now if it’s safe instead of after your tattoo. People freak out enough during the healing process because it’s a new experience. Don’t want to add any more anxiety, eh? =P

Haha Exactly! Take as many variables out as you can and things tend to go smoother.
It just really struck me that everything I’ve read, (I’ve got a lotta free time at work, so I was just flipping through different sites), and nothing I read mentioned to try, make sure it isn’t going to effect you badly.

Hmmm.. maybe I’ll have to maybe pass on the Ink Fixx for the time being. Stick with tried tested and (mostly) true methods.

KelsandraAnn
Participant
@kelsandraann
Ghostband;52027 wrote:
It just really struck me that everything I’ve read, (I’ve got a lotta free time at work, so I was just flipping through different sites), and nothing I read mentioned to try, make sure it isn’t going to effect you badly.

Oh, don’t worry. I did the same thing. I have quite a bit of free time at work too ๐Ÿ˜€

I think I read through all the posts on here and as many articles and pages I found on google that I could before I got my tattoo done. And I did notice that not many people said to test products first… I guess people are stubborn. If it worked for them, it just has to work for everyone! :p

Ghostband
Participant
@ghostband
KelsandraAnn;52029 wrote:
I think I read through all the posts on here and as many articles and pages I found on google that I could before I got my tattoo done. And I did notice that not many people said to test products first… I guess people are stubborn. If it worked for them, it just has to work for everyone! :p

Oh I know. Woo! Cheers for slacking… err… I mean… creative use of free time… yes…

Ohh, I did find a review saying Ink Fixx was good on scars, (well grand total of 5 people cheering it for various reason, scars being 1 of them). I may try it for those ๐Ÿ™‚

Oh and thanks ๐Ÿ™‚ I feel slightly less neurotic for looking into it so much ๐Ÿ™‚

Phat_Goddess
Participant
@phat_goddess

I used ink fixx on mine and my tattoo stayed rather dry, but some things won’t work for some and will work for another.

SusanFox
Participant
@susanfox

I used tattoo goo products myself, turned out good. That is all I’ve used, I’ve not really tried anything else.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.